The presence of progesterone has been discovered in some types of foods and pills in varying proportions and in different compositions, and eating it helps to raise the level of progesterone in the body and raise the level of its performance of its work, and this type of progesterone was called the plant progesterone hormone.
Sources of plant-based progesterone
- Soy and soy milk: Soy and its products contain a high percentage of the plant hormone progesterone, which helps to increase the regulation of the level of other hormones.
- Whole grains: The most important of which are grains that contain vitamin C and vitamin B, which contain small percentages of the plant hormone progesterone.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds contain a type of plant progesterone hormone, which is distinguished from other types in that it does not raise the level of progesterone in the blood, but rather acts as an alternative hormone to animal progesterone.
- Citrus fruits: especially those with a high content of vitamin C, such as: oranges, carrots, and colored peppers.
- Foods rich in carotene: such as cabbage, spinach, basil, and kale.
- Wild yam (sweet potato): It is a type of potato and contains high levels of vegetable progesterone, which contributes significantly to raising the level of progesterone in females, especially in menopause.
Research has shown that drinking coffee twice a day helps raise the level of progesterone in the blood, and eating zinc-rich foods, or dietary supplements containing zinc, increases the effectiveness and performance of the hormone progesterone.
Progesterone is one of the most important hormones secreted by the reproductive system of female mammals, which helps in penetrating the fertilized egg into the lining of the uterus and the occurrence of pregnancy. As is the case with viruses and microbes, the body continues to secrete progesterone throughout pregnancy and stops releasing it days before the date of birth, because high levels of progesterone in the mother’s blood prevent her from secreting the milk needed to breastfeed the child.
animal sources of progesterone
- White meat such as chicken, red meat, the most important of which is veal, and fish, most importantly shellfish.
- Milk and its products.
male hormone progesterone
The male hormone progesterone is produced in the testicles, then it transforms and its composition changes to become the so-called testosterone hormone, and any imbalance in the level of this hormone is treated through the use of progesterone injections.
Where is progesterone found in food?