Reason for naming the month of Shaban
The reason for naming the month of Sha’ban is that since the month preceding the month of Sha’ban is Rajab; And it is the month of Muharram, when Rajab ends and Sha’ban enters, people gather in their raids, or in asking for water, and this opinion belongs to Ibn Hajar, may God Almighty have mercy on him.
Virtues of Shaban Fasting
Virtues related to Ramadan
Among these virtues are the following:
- Fasting Sha’ban is an exercise to practice fasting and reduce the hardship that a fasting person may find in Ramadan. On the other hand, it is a preparation and self-discipline for obedience; The month of Sha’ban immediately precedes the month of Ramadan.
- Raising works to God Almighty in this month, when it is in the harvest of the works of the whole year before Ramadan enters, so the Muslim is keen to seal his deeds with good deeds; To prepare himself and his heart for the blessed month of Ramadan.
- The month of desirability to perform supererogatory acts of obedience and a lot of good deeds and good deeds, as the servant’s closeness to his Lord increases as preparation for the start of Ramadan, and this is a prophetic Sunnah; Where the Muslim follows the example of his Noble Prophet Muhammad, may God bless him and grant him peace, who used to do a lot of acts of worship in this holy month, especially fasting and standing.
- The month of watering is before Ramadan, and inspect the above works and scrutinize them so that the harvest of good deeds will be good.
- The month of forgiveness of sins and bad deeds.
- Following the example of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, when he used to fast a lot in the month of Sha’ban, and he was asked, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, about that, as one of the honorable companions said to him: (Oh, Messenger of God! Prayers and peace: “That is a month that people neglect between Rajab and Ramadan, and it is a month in which deeds are raised to the Lord of the Worlds, so I love that my deeds are taken up while I am fasting.”
- ↑ Dr. Mahran Maher Othman, “The Month of Sha’ban”, www.saaid.net, accessed on February 25, 2018. act.
- ^ AB Abdullah Al-Hamid, “Educational pauses with the month of Sha’ban”, www.saaid.net, accessed on February 25, 2018. act.
- ↑ Narrated by Al-Albani, in Sahih Al-Nasa’i, on the authority of Osama bin Zaid, page or number: 2356, summary of the updated ruling: Hasan.
- ↑ Dr: Ahmed Arafa, link to the article (6-19-2013), “The Virtues of the Month of Sha’ban, link to the article: ar.islamway.net, viewed on February 25, 2018.
What is the reason for naming the month of Sha’ban by that name?