What is the population of Lugansk? This is what will be clarified in this article. Various media outlets have been busy with news of Russia and Ukraine and the war between the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the Lugansk Republic, which prompted many people around the world to search for information about this country.
What is the population of Lugansk?
Lugansk population 1464039 According to the latest statistics announced in 2018, the Lugansk state gained its independence on the 28th of April 2014, after a popular referendum was held, which announced the establishment of the Lugansk People’s Republic, called the Lugansk referendum and the Donetsk referendum, which were held in Same year 2014 with Donbass 2014 state referendums.
See also: The reality of the war between Russia and Ukraine
Information about the state of Lugansk
Although the state of Lugansk is a young state, it has occupied the media in its neighboring countries and at the global level as well, and the following is the most important information about this state:
- Lugansk has an area of 8,377 square kilometres.
- Russian and Ukrainian are designated as official languages within Lugansk.
- The capital of Lugansk is called by the same name as the state.
- The system of government takes the presidential body.
- The Russian ruble was considered the official currency of Hansik.
- Recently, on February 21, Russia announced its recognition of the independence of Lugansk and Donetsk.
Modern history of the Lugansk state
In 2014, a large popular protest movement appeared in Ukraine, called the European Square protests. As a result, the country was divided into two parts: a section loyal to the European Union and a section loyal to the Russian state. President Yanukovych, who sought refuge in Russia, protested against that and demonstrated against those who They took power in his place, and what was known internationally as the Crimean crisis in 2014 was established, after which the Crimean referendum was held in 2014, after which it was announced the establishment of the Republic of Crimea, which joined Russia. Both of which resulted in the proclamation of the Lugansk and Donetsk People’s Republics.
Lugansk State website
Lugansk was a city in Ukraine before declaring its independence, and it is in the eastern part of Ukraine on the border with Russia. The Russian population constitutes the largest proportion of the residents of this region, amounting to about 85% of the total population, in addition to the presence of minorities of Ukrainians, Armenians, Tatars and Belarusians, and the region has witnessed many conflicts. Between the Ukrainian armed forces on the one hand and the forces of the Lugansk People’s Republic loyal to the Russian state on the other, the security situation is still tense in the Lugansk state until today.
See also: map of ukraine and russia
Famous People from Lugansk
Lugancik included many famous personalities locally and internationally, most notably:
- Sculptor and painter Mykola Shmatko.
- Ukrainian Soviet pole vaulter Sergey Bubka.
- Russian politician and champion in mixed martial arts Fedor Emelianenko.
- Soviet communist politician Kliment Voroshilov.
- Ukrainian-Soviet coach and footballer Alexander Suvorov.
- Russian football player Sergei Simak.
- The famous author of many Russian dictionaries, Vladimir Dal.
- The late Soviet Union boxer Vladimir Musalimov.
- Football player Oleg Shelayev.
In the end, it was clarified What is the population of Lugansk? In addition to the most important information about this country, its founding, and the conflicts that took place in it until the declaration of its independence in 2014 and the declaration of its recognition by Russia in 2022.
glava-lnr.su , official website of the State of Lugansk , 02/22/2022