Although the dandruff does not affect the appearance of the outer hair; However, it is the worst enemy of hair, as it causes many hair problems, most notably hair loss and breakage, so we will present a method for treating dandruff in the hair from the first time with easy steps and powerful products. Just read the words of the article carefully, and benefit from the advice of specialists.
The dry scalp is the most vulnerable to dandruff, as the dryness of the scalp results from a defect in the sebaceous glands, and then the crust in the dry scalp is produced in the form of small flour-like scales, and the symptoms of dandruff increase with extreme cold in the winter, or with high humidity in Summer, and if you ignore the treatment of dandruff, you may experience significant hair loss, causing voids. In addition to the previous reasons, there are several other causes that cause dandruff, including:
- seborrheic dermatitis;
- Skin diseases of the scalp such as: eczema and psoriasis.
- Extreme cold and high humidity.
- deficiency of zinc in the body,
- The proliferative growth of Malassezia or yeast fungus that grows on the scalp.
- Having an allergy to some foods.
- Improper nutrition, especially the large introduction of fats and sugars into food.
- Excessive use of hair care products, especially shampoos and oils.
- Not cleaning the scalp properly of oils and shampoo leads to the accumulation of oil and dirt on the scalp.
- Stress, psychological pressure and depression.
Treating dandruff in the hair from the first time
Treating dandruff in hair for men and women needs to understand the nature of hair and the type of scalp. Dealing with dry hair is different from oily hair, in addition to the importance of taking great care of hair in order to avoid dandruff and other hair problems, in general, you can treat dandruff in the hair from the first time in more than one way. :
The use of shampoo is the most effective way to prevent dandruff as well as to treat it. It is preferable to use sulfate-free shampoos so as not to harm the hair strands. One of the best shampoos for treating dandruff in the hair from the first time is the one that contains these medicinal substances:
- Ketoconazole shampoo: One of the fastest effective shampoos in eliminating dandruff is ketoconazole, as it helps balance the alkalinity of the scalp, and get rid of dermatitis that causes dandruff.
- Zinc pyrithin shampoo: Zinc pyrithin is a medicinal substance used to combat skin infections, whether fungal or bacterial, and in many cases responsible for the formation of dandruff.
- Salicylic acid shampoo: Salicylic acid shampoos are one of the most used shampoos for treating dandruff because it is strong in removing scales, but it is the last option for trichologists because of its harmful effect on moisturizing the hair and making it drier, making it prone to hair loss.
- Selenium Sulfide Shampoo: A medicinal substance that is anti-fungal and reduces itching symptoms associated with dandruff.
It is not recommended to use medicines without consulting and diagnosing a doctor, because most cases of dandruff do not need medicines and are treated by medicated shampoos or lotions.
- Anti-fungal ointments: These ointments are used in case of overgrowth of yeast fungi in the scalp, as they help reduce them, and they resist the growth of harmful bacteria and fungi that cause skin infections of the scalp.
- Corticosteroid ointments: These types of ointments do not target dandruff per se, but they relieve skin infections that appear with dandruff and cause itching and pain in its place.
Read also: Best hair thickening spray from Nahdi
Treating dandruff in the hair from the first time with home recipes
The most famous body care products and cosmetics have been inspired by their ingredients from nature, so we have never been stingy with their ingredients to pick out the best products from them to take care of the beauty of hair and skin, so natural ingredients can be used to make home recipes to treat dandruff in the hair, including:
Vinegar and water
The rich composition of vinegar, which is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-fungals, made it a quick remedy for dandruff. Acetic acid is a strong resistance to harmful fungi that grow on the scalp and cause dandruff. It also helps in balancing the alkalinity of the scalp, which reduces the secretion of oils and fats that accumulate on the scalp.
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
- a glass of water.
- Put vinegar and water in a pot on the fire and bring to a boil.
- Then apply the mixture to cool completely, start applying a small amount of vinegar and water on the scalp.
- Then gently massage with your fingertips. Leave the vinegar on your hair for 5 minutes.
- Wash it well with water and medicated shampoo, with the importance of combing the hair with a moisturizing conditioner.
Lemon is a natural formula rich in anti-fungals and anti-inflammatory that cause dandruff, so using lemon juice will combat dandruff, and also give your hair important vitamins for its vitality and hydration.
- The juice of a small lemon.
- A teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Heat sesame oil until it becomes warm.
- Add lemon juice to it, use a clean cotton swab to distribute the oil on the scalp.
- Leave it on your hair for an hour, then rinse hair with water and shampoo.
How to get rid of dandruff permanently for women?
Dandruff appears in women more than men, especially with the effect of hormonal imbalance on the hair cortex, and medical research considers dandruff a chronic skin disease, but most cases gradually improve by using medical shampoos and medications prescribed by a doctor, so you should consult a doctor in the event that dandruff appears significantly, Also, home recipes and herbs have a strong effect in treating dandruff, most notably the aloe vera recipe, the use of green tea, lavender, a mixture of natural oils, and the treatment of dandruff with vinegar and lemon.
Read also: Why do we resort to vitamin E to solve hair problems?
Dandruff treatment for men
Some men believe that having dandruff does not mean something dangerous, but the fact is that dandruff is more dangerous in men, because it affects the hair and is also quickly noticed by those around it, it is easy to notice white scales on black clothes, and also appear in the front of the hair and on the forehead clearly Therefore, treating dandruff in the hair from the first time in men depends on continuous cleaning with a mild shampoo for the scalp. You can also add a teaspoon of vinegar to the shampoo and wash the hair with it. It will not hurt to use some home recipes to treat dandruff, such as: aloe vera gel, ginger and tea tree oil. aromatic;
Dandruff prevention tips
Except for the cutaneous causes of dandruff; Other factors that lead to dandruff can be avoided, such as: malnutrition, hormonal disorders, and psychological stress, so we offer you several tips to avoid dandruff, namely:
- Proper nutrition so that your body gets all the necessary nutrients such as: vitamins, fiber and minerals, especially zinc, which is needed for the scalp, as well as fatty acids and healthy fats.
- Wash the hair well and clean it of dirt and germs that accumulate causing the appearance of dandruff, and it is preferable to wash the hair twice a day.
- Use your own clean cotton towel and designate one for the hair and one for the body.
- Use a medical shampoo for dandruff, rich in zinc, to clean the scalp of scales and dust without damaging the hair strands or drying them out.
- Use a clean wooden hairbrush to comb the hair and use natural oils and a suitable conditioner.
- Avoid chemical products on hair and avoid heat and men’s hair gel.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use olive oil, coconut oil, aloe vera gel and vinegar regularly on the hair.
- Avoid chemical formulations in beauty centers by non-professionals.
In conclusion… It is not possible to treat dandruff in the hair from the first time, but the treatment must be maintained, whether: with medical shampoo, or with medicines, and home recipes and herbs need time to reduce the dandruff.
See the original thread here