Best solution for strengthening Wi-Fi network on Windows 10
You may encounter problems running Wi-Fi on Windows 10 due to weak or unstable signal, this weakness and fluctuation in signal performance may cause a lot of problems and inconvenience, especially if you are enjoying one of the games that depend on the speed of your Internet connection, the signal fluctuation may cause the annoying Lag Extremely.
Today we will mention to you a set of solutions to be able to avoid this problem and treat it on Windows 10 easily, but note that all the solutions that we will mention today are software solutions and rely mainly on software and not your hardware, so if you are facing a problem with the future of your Wi-Fi signal If you have or are facing a problem with your router, these solutions will not benefit you at all.
Wifi Driver Update:
You should always make sure that you are working on the latest version of your Wifi Driver even if this driver is from an unknown third-party company or Chinese company.
To do this very easy, follow these steps:
- Head over to Device Manger
- Click on Network Adapter to view all of your network devices.
- Click on your Wi-Fi receiver with the right mouse button and then select Update Driver
- Let Windows 10 do its thing to search for and install available updates for your device.
- Restart the computer.
If the problems started to appear after updating your Wifi Driver, all you have to do is go to select your Wi-Fi receiver and press the right mouse button, then go to the Driver tab, then Roll Back Driver with ease.
Control the power settings for Boosting WIFI on Windows 10:
One of the causes of this problem is the weak power supplied to your WIFI player, usually this is part of Windows 10’s attempt to reduce and conserve power, this feature is supposed to work if you leave the device for an unused period, but usually this feature faces a group of problems So it is better if you deactivate it completely or remove tampering with the WIFI Adapter from it.
To do this it is very easy, all you have to follow these steps:
- Head over to Power Settings or Power Options, and the best solution is to type Power Options in the Windows hello search menu.
- Click on Change Plan Settings
- Now click on Change Advanced Power Settings.
- In the Advanced Power Settings menu, click on Wireless Adapter Settings.
- Open the On Battery and Pluged in menus and select Maximum Preformance for each one of them.
- Restart the computer.
This solution may help you solve the problem if it is the cause or if your hardware supports it, but the opposite is true, if it is not the cause and your hardware does not support it, then there is no point in its work.
Change MTU settings:
Usually, the MTU settings are preset to the value of 1500, but this does not work well with all systems so you have to change it to fit your Wifi Adapter.
- Head over to CMD and open it with administrator privileges.
- Type the following command to define the name of your Wifi Adapter: netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces
- Now note the name of your WiFi card, which is what you will need in the next step and you will also see that the MTU value is probably 1500.
- Run the following command and put the Network Adapter in place of the word Wifi on the next line and also type the MTU value you want ipv4 set subinterface Wi-Fi mtu = 1400 store = persistent
Change the Sensibility Value:
You can change this value to help you get a better and more stable wifi signal.
- Open Device Manger
- Expand Network Adapter
- Right-click on your Wi-Fi card then select the properites
- Head over to the Advanced Tab
- Under “Priority”, find an option called Roam Tendency or Roaming Aggressiveness and open it.
- Now change the value from Value Dropdown and choose a higher value than the one currently.
These were some of the solutions to help you strengthen the Wi-Fi network on Windows 10 and they are all good and tried-and-tested solutions that work, if you are still facing some problems with your Wi-Fi network, you can buy a new router from Here .
Read also: Redmi Note 9S price, with its technical specifications and features