Harees is the grain of wheat that is boiled and used in preparing various traditional and popular dishes, such as the Saudi Harees dish, which is prepared from few available ingredients, and is served as a main meal for lunch or dinner. Energy and heat needed in cold weather.
- A kilogram of meat removed from fat and bone.
- A kilogram of love mash.
- a tablespoon of salt.
- Three tablespoons of ghee, or as needed.
- Cardamom pods.
How to prepare
- Put the harees in a large pot filled with water, then put it over a medium heat until it boils, and get rid of the foam that appears continuously.
- Put the meat, and a large amount of water in a separate saucepan over a high heat until the water boils for several minutes.
- Drain the meat from the water, then add it to the mash pot.
- Mash the mixture with a masher until you get a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Add the salt, and stir until the salt is well distributed.
- Put the ghee and cardamom in a frying pan over a medium heat until the ghee melts and the cardamom taste is absorbed.
- Arrange the harees in a circular tray, then pour the filtered ghee from the cardamom into a small bowl, and place it in the middle of the harees.
- A cup of love mash.
- Two medium sized onions, chopped.
- Three cloves of garlic crushed.
- cup of chopped broccoli
- Two medium sized zucchini, cut into cubes.
- Hot green pepper to taste.
- Two medium sized carrots, chopped.
- Bunch of chopped parsley.
- A cup of fresh peas.
- A piece of fillet meat.
- half cup of olive oil.
- Salt, to taste.
- Pinch of fresh wild thyme.
- A tablespoon of ground cumin.
- A tablespoon of ground coriander.
- A teaspoon of black pepper.
- Half a cup of soy sauce.
- A quarter cup of barbecue sauce.
- Half a cup of lemon juice.
How to prepare
- Wash the harees well with water, then cook it in a pressure cooker until it becomes soft.
- Fry the meat with butter in a saucepan over a high heat until it turns golden, then put it in an oven tray and cook until it is done, then break it into long slices.
- Steam the peas and broccoli until tender, then put them in ice water until the cooking process stops.
- Fry the onions in a saucepan over a medium heat until soft, then add the carrots, zucchini, dried coriander, cumin, and black pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, stir olive oil, garlic, oregano and hot pepper until the mixture smells noticeable, then add the soy sauce and BBQ sauce.
- Add the meat to the sauce, then stir the ingredients well, add the harees, vegetables, and garnish with chopped parsley.
Saudi mash work