The airport you choose to fly out of can have a significant impact on the cost of your flight. The U.S. Government’s Bureau of Transportation released a report that shows the average domestic airline itinerary fares by origin city for 2022. The report highlights a huge disparity in airfares from city to city, with some airports experiencing prices of less than $100 and others up to ten times more expensive. The average US domestic flight cost $378 in 2022, but this varies significantly across airports. Here are the ten airports with the lowest average fares:
1. Atlantic City International Airport – $107
2. Flint Bishop International Airport – $121
3. Long Beach Airport – $127
4. Myrtle Beach International Airport – $129
5. Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport – $129
6. Laredo International Airport – $132
7. Punta Gorda Airport – $133
8. St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport – $134
9. McCarran International Airport – $140
10. Orlando Sanford International Airport – $143
Factors influencing flight costs include whether you’re traveling during peak vacation season and whether you’re flying on a weekend or a weekday. However, choosing the right airport is also important.
1. Q: How much did the average U.S. domestic flight cost in 2022?
A: The average US domestic flight cost $378 in 2022, but this varies significantly across airports.
2. Q: What impacted the cost of flights other than the time of year and day of the week?
A: The airport you choose to fly from can also significantly impact how much you will pay for your flights.
3. Q: What is the name of the report released by the U.S. Government’s Bureau of Transportation?
A: The report is titled “Average Domestic Airline Itinerary Fares By Origin City for 2022”.
4. Q: What is the lowest average fare on the list of cheapest airports to fly out of in the U.S?
A: The Atlantic City International Airport has the lowest average fare of $107.
5. Q: What is the airport with the most expensive average fare on the list of U.S airports to fly out of?
A: The airport with the most expensive average fare is unknown as the report only listed the top 10 airports with the lowest fares.