Preparing the fragile basbousa
- A cup of semolina.
- A cup of powdered milk.
- a cup of sugar.
- Two cans of cream.
- A quarter cup of vegetable oil.
- A tablespoon of baking powder.
How to prepare
- Put the semolina, powdered milk, cream, vegetable oil and baking powder in a clean bowl, and mix the ingredients homogeneously, until you have a soft dough.
- Prepare an oven tray, grease it with a small amount of oil, then sprinkle a little flour, to cover the edges.
- Pour the basbousa mixture into the tray, level its surface, then put the tray in the oven at 180 ° C, and leave it until it becomes golden in color.
- Remove the basbousa from the oven, and leave it to cool completely.
- Prepare the syrup, by putting the sugar and concentrated milk in a thick-bottomed saucepan, put the saucepan over a medium heat, and stir the ingredients until the sugar dissolves, then add the syrup to the basbousa tray.
- Cut the basbousa into squares.
Preparing basbousa with almonds
- Quarter cup of sliced almonds.
- Half a cup of sugar.
- Three cups of coarse semolina.
- A quarter teaspoon of baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Quarter cup of fine coconut.
- Three quarters of a cup of curd.
- A cup and a quarter of liquid butter.
- A teaspoon of rose water.
- Almonds sliced into halves for garnish.
- A cup and a half of sugar.
- Cup water.
- A teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Orange blossom water.
How to prepare
- Place the almonds and sugar in the bowl of a food processor, and mix the ingredients on medium speed until the almonds are smooth.
- Add the baking powder, semolina, bicarbonate, salt, curd, coconut, blossom water, and liquid butter to the mixer and mix the ingredients homogeneously, until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the oven tray, then cut it into lozenges using a sharp knife, put half an almond in each diamond, and leave the tray for half an hour.
- Put the basbousa tray in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius, and leave it to brown for about half an hour.
- Prepare the diameter; Put the water, sugar, and lemon juice in a thick-bottomed saucepan, put the pot on medium heat for ten minutes, then add the blossom water.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and immediately pour the syrup on it.
The fragile basbousa method
writing 2019-12-15 02:34:19 – Last updated: 2022-06-23 15:48:01– on the date :