The best weight for a pregnant woman with one fetus
There is no single measure or standard that fits the weight gain that occurs during pregnancy for all women, as the appropriate weight for a pregnant woman depends on several factors such as weight and body mass index (in English: Body mass index) before pregnancy, the health status of the pregnant woman, and the health status of the fetus, The following is a mention of the amount of possible increase during pregnancy according to the BMI before pregnancy:
- If the BMI is less than 18.5, a pregnant woman can gain from 13 to 18 kilograms.
- If the BMI is between 18.5-24.9, a pregnant woman can gain from 11 to 16 kilograms.
- If the BMI is between 25 – 29.9, the rate of increase in pregnancy weight should range from 7-11 kilograms.
- If the BMI is more than or equal to 30, the rate of increase in pregnancy weight should be between five and nine kilograms.
Best weight for pregnancy with twins
It is preferable for women carrying twins to gain 15.9-20 kg during pregnancy, and while the desired increase for pregnancy with triplets is approximately between 22.7-27 kg, gaining the recommended weight and eating correctly during pregnancy is very important, especially when Pregnancy with more than one fetus, in order to increase the risk of premature birth and the birth of children whose weight is less than normal.
Usually, the weight of a pregnant woman increases during the first three months of pregnancy by an amount ranging between 0.9-1.8 kilograms, and after the third month of pregnancy the increase in weight becomes at a rate of half a kilogram for each week of pregnancy until the end of pregnancy, and the pregnancy weight includes the following:
- Fetal weight: about 3.6 kilograms.
- Placenta weight: It is approximately 0.9-1.4 kilograms.
- Amniotic fluid weight: It is approximately 0.9-1.4 kilograms.
- Chest tissue weight: It is approximately 0.9-1.4 kilograms.
- Increased blood volume: It is approximately 1.8 kilograms.
- Increasing the amount of stored fat: approximately 2.3-4 kilograms.
- Increase in the size of the uterus: it is approximately 0.9-2.3 kilograms.
- ↑ “Pregnancy week by week”, www.mayoclinic.com, Retrieved 17-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “Weight Gain With Multiples”, www.americanpregnancy.org, Retrieved 4-8-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “Gain Weight Safely During Your Pregnancy”, www.webmed.com, Retrieved 17-3-2019. Edited.
Best pregnant weight