Spices and seasonings are one of the secrets of delicious food; Because it gives it a natural flavor and color as well as a pleasant smell, and this would distinguish peoples from each other, for example, Arab countries prefer non-pungent spices in their taste, while East Asian countries prefer spices with strong and hot smells, while the West reduces their use in making food. .
The best spices
Nutritionists are encouraged to use spices in moderation, especially hot ones, because of their health benefits to humans. They are considered a healthy addition to our food and one of the best types of spices to eat. We mention the following:
- Clove ram: It has a strong flavor, and it is used to season meat and chicken, and it removes the smell of fatty meat, and its benefit lies in the fact that it contains antioxidants that protect the body from cancer.
- Bay leaf: It is used in the preparation of many dishes that contain meat, and is similar to cloves through its ability to get rid of the smell of meat and chicken, and it can be added to a meat stew dish.
- Cinnamon: Some people call it scholars, and it has a distinct flavor; It is used for sweets and Arabic foods, and contains large amounts of calcium, potassium and iron, which are useful in expelling gases and burning fats.
- Nutmeg: used to season meat, and many prefer it with kabsa, and it is also used to prepare Eid cakes; It adds a wonderful taste to it, and one of its benefits is that it has a calming effect on the nerves, which is why it should be used in a very small amount.
- Rosemary herb: It is also called “frankincense” and adds a special flavor and taste to meat, especially when preparing steak, and is beneficial for heart health.
- Pepper: It is one of the most famous and most widely used spices. It is available in several colors: black, white, and red. It is considered a main ingredient in food preparation. It is recommended to put it almost at the end of cooking because it loses the flavor, and it is better to grind a small amount of it and use it first. Attention should be paid not to overdoing it, because although it contributes to burning fat, its frequent use may harm the stomach.
- Cardamom “Love and Ground”: It is impossible to make authentic Arabic coffee without it, and it is widely added to many dishes such as Kabsa, Ouzi and Mandi.
- Curry: It is added to most Indian and Arab dishes, and is characterized as an appetizer and a memory stimulant.
- Cumin: It is added to foods that contain grains. Such as lentils, chickpeas, and is used to season fish, because it reduces flatulence.
- Thyme: It is used in preparing various sauces, seasoning chicken, and added to pasta and pizza. It has the effect of relieving bloating, facilitating digestion and purifying the body of toxins. Thyme tea is useful in cases of cold and cough, and maintains bone health.
- Ginger: It is known for its strong and delicious taste, especially when it is fresh. It is added to garlic and green coriander to add a delicious taste to the rice, and ginger contributes to burning fat and treating cold and flu cases.
The best spices to eat