The kidneys are one of the most important organs of the human body, as they regulate the proportion of salts and water in the body and others, but they are sometimes exposed to many diseases, including: kidney stones, kidney sand, kidney cancer, and others. Kidney stones are one of the common diseases that occur as a result of the accumulation of crystals in Kidney, and in this article we will talk about its symptoms, causes, medical and natural ways to treat it, in addition to how to prevent it.
Kidney stone symptoms
- Severe pain in the abdomen, sometimes extending to the back.
- A change in the color of the urine.
- Chills all over the body.
- The body temperature is higher than normal.
- Feeling of pain when urinating.
- Urinating a lot.
Causes of kidney stones
- Having a disease such as: gout and diabetes.
- Decreased absorption of different foods by the body.
- Thyroid disorders.
- Drinking large amounts of soft drinks and caffeine.
- Genetic factors.
- Take a medication.
- Excessive intake of salt and fat.
Medical methods for treating kidney stones
- If the stones are small, they can be treated as follows:
- If the stones are large, they can be treated as follows:
- Drink plenty of water, preferably eight glasses a day.
- Take medications that will break up the stones.
- Surgery to break up the stones.
- The work of binoculars to the ureters to break up the stones.
- The possibility of making sound waves to dissolve and break up stones.
Natural way to treat kidney stones
- Lemon juice and apple cider vinegar: Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon each of: apple cider vinegar and olive oil in a glass of water and mix, then drink the mixture five times a day.
- Green Beans: Drink two cups of drenched green beans daily, or they can be eaten cooked and mashed.
- Dandelion roots: Eat at least five hundred grams of chicory roots daily.
- Magnesium: You can eat foods that contain magnesium, or take supplements in pharmacies.
- Pomegranate juice: Drink a glass of pomegranate juice daily.
- Celery: Eat a cup of celery soaked twice a day, or add it to food dishes.
- Basil infusion: Put a teaspoon of honey in a cup of infused basil and mix, then eat the mixture twice a day.
How to prevent kidney stones
- Drink plenty of water, preferably at least eight cups a day.
- Eating citrus fruits, such as: oranges, lemon juice, etc., and the reason is that citrus fruits reduce the possibility of kidney stones being deposited.
- Reduce your intake of salty or fatty foods.
- Reducing the intake of animal proteins, and the reason is that it increases the risk of developing gallstones.
- Avoid stimulants such as: tea, coffee, etc.
- Eat a small amount of nuts.
- Take calcium supplements from pharmacies in moderation.
- Maintaining an ideal weight.
- Avoid eating sweetened foods such as: cake, chocolate, biscuits, etc.
Kidney stone disease symptoms