Symptoms of AIDS
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) takes a long time to completely destroy the immune system, but when this is achieved, the person has contracted acquired immunodeficiency virus (AIDS), and therefore it can be said that AIDS is the third and final stage. The human immunodeficiency virus, and when a person is infected with AIDS, he becomes exposed to any opportunistic infection, which is the infection of the body with diseases that do not usually harm healthy people.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Chronic diarrhea.
- Constant tiredness without making any effort.
- Rapid weight loss.
- Coughing and shortness of breath.
- Fever, chills, and night sweats.
- Sores and rashes on the mouth and nose, and the appearance of blisters on the skin.
- Forgetfulness, lack of focus, and nervous disorders.
- Ulcers appearing on the penis in men.
- Hypogonadism, testosterone deficiency, and erectile dysfunction in men.
Symptoms of HIV infection
Symptoms can be divided into primary symptoms and advanced symptoms, and the following is the detail of that:
Symptoms of the initial stage
After the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) enters the body, flu-like symptoms appear within one or two months of infection, and this stage is called primary or acute HIV infection, and the symptoms are usually simple and the infected person may not notice, but the virus multiplies In the bloodstream, the infection spreads more easily because of this. Possible symptoms include:
- Painful mouth sores.
- Sore throat.
- Joint and muscle pain.
- Skin rash.
- Enlarged lymph gland in the neck.
advanced stage symptoms
The second stage of HIV infection is chronic infection, and is represented by the disappearance of influenza symptoms and any other symptoms, and the person does not feel any symptoms during this period, and it may last for 10 years, but what happens inside the body is that the virus eliminates the helper T cells (in English: CD4 T-cells) and attack the immune system, and its presence can be detected by blood analysis.
- ↑ Colleen M. Story (19-4-2018), “HIV Symptoms in Men”, www.healthline.com, Retrieved 3-12-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “HIV/AIDS”, www.mayoclinic.org, 19-1-2018, Retrieved 12-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “Symptoms and Stages of HIV”, www.webmd.com, Retrieved 12-3-2019. Edited.
Symptoms of AIDS