There are several types of poisonous scorpions whose bite may lead to death, and the most dangerous of these types are the following:
- Bark scorpion. This scorpion is usually found in small cracks, under rocks, in tree bark, and in the desert environment. It is considered the most deadly in North America and some parts of South America, where its sting contains a neurotoxin that causes severe pain. His bite is numbness, vomiting, and diarrhea that may lead to death if the victim is not treated immediately, and to treat his bite, antivenin can be used.
- Spitting Thicktail Black Scorpion, and this scorpion is characterized by having two types of poisons, one of which is to warn and numb the prey, and the other to kill, it can spit poison for a distance of up to three feet if the target is close, and this poison causes blindness if touching the eyes Symptoms of his bite include severe pain, sweating, muscle spasms, and heart palpitations.
- Yellow Fattail Scorpion, This type of scorpion lives in North Africa and Southeast Asia. It has one of the most powerful neurotoxins that attack the central nervous system of the victim, and the victim may die within two to seven hours from the time of exposure to the poison.
The imperial scorpion (in English: Emperor Scorpion) is one of the largest types of scorpions in the world, and despite its dangerous appearance, its venom is not fatal to humans. On the contrary, its poison may have anti-bacterial properties. It lives in West Africa in tropical forests and open savannahs. This species is found under rocks and in burrows, and is characterized by its dark blue or shiny black color, and detects prey through sensory hairs that cover the pincers and tail that detect vibrations in the air and on the ground, and some types appear luminous at night in a bluish-green color, and some people may take this The type of scorpion as a pet.
Information about scorpions
With the different types of scorpions, there are facts about them, including the following:
- Scorpions give birth to their young and do not lay eggs, and the young scorpions remain on the backs of their mothers, feeding from them and taking care of them, until they can crawl and separate from them.
- Scorpions live long compared to other arthropods, with a lifespan of up to 25 years.
- Scorpions have been around the world for more than 300 million years.
- Scorpios can survive in almost all conditions, as they can live under water for long hours, and they can survive for an entire year without food.
- Scorpions perform special movements before mating.
- Regarding scorpion food, scorpions eat almost everything they can digest.
- ↑ “FATAL STINGERS: THE 6 DEADLIEST SCORPIONS IN THE WORLD”, www.asgmag.com, Retrieved 9-19-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Emperor Scorpion”, www.scorpionworlds.com, Retrieved 9-18-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Debbie Hadley (12-9-2018), “10 Fascinating Facts About Scorpions”, www.thoughtco.com, Retrieved 9-19-2018. Edited.
types of scorpions