Europe may not be the most affordable destination for a vacation, but there are still plenty of places that won’t break the bank. Budget travelers and backpackers are familiar with many of these cheaper destinations, but even those wanting a more comfortable trip can enjoy Europe without overspending. One way to save money is to know which cities offer the best deals for a city break getaway, and the UK Post Office’s annual City Costs Barometer has identified these cities based on twelve categories including accommodation, meals, sightseeing, and transportation. Some of the most affordable cities include Vilnius, Lithuania, Riga, Latvia, and Warsaw, Poland. Additionally, travelers can save by choosing less popular destinations, traveling during the off-season, and using budget airlines or trains.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the cheapest destinations in Europe?
– Some of the cheapest destinations in Europe include Vilnius, Lithuania, Riga, Latvia, and Warsaw, Poland.
2. What are some ways to save money while traveling in Europe?
– Traveling to less popular destinations, choosing the off-season, and using budget airlines or trains can all save money.
3. What is the UK Post Office’s City Costs Barometer?
– The City Costs Barometer compares city costs across Europe to determine the best deals for a city break getaway based on twelve categories including accommodation, meals, sightseeing, and transportation.
4. Is Europe only affordable for backpackers?
– No, there are many affordable destinations in Europe for all types of travelers.
5. What are some other tips for saving money while traveling in Europe?
– Staying in hostels or renting apartments, cooking meals instead of eating out, and using public transportation instead of taxis can also save money while traveling in Europe.