There is no doubt that it is one of the most famous foods that spread widely in the Arab East. The origins of shawarma go back to Turkey and Anatolia, where it was prepared for the first time there. The word shawarma is originally made up of two words, Shah and Aromao, which is grilled meat in a certain way, as it is grilled using heat and radiation. .
Shawarma can be prepared either from beef or chicken, and then stacked on a metal skewer.
- A kilo of veal.
- A third of a cup of vinegar.
- Four cloves of crushed garlic.
- A teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- A teaspoon of black pepper.
- Two teaspoons of salt.
- One tablespoon of dry ground coriander.
- A quarter cup of olive oil.
- A piece of chopped tomato.
- Half a sweet green pepper, sliced.
for the sauce
- A cup of tahini.
- quarter cup of lemon juice.
- Three quarters of a cup of water.
- Two tablespoons of vinegar.
- Small spoon of salt.
- Half a teaspoon of cumin.
- Half a cup of vinegar.
- Five tablespoons of sumac.
- A piece of onion.
- A cup of chopped parsley.
- Mixed pickles.
- Saj bread.
How to prepare
- Cut the meat into long, thin slices and set it aside.
- Put the garlic in a deep bowl, then add the mixed spices, vinegar, oil, black pepper, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric and salt and stir well until the spices mix with each other.
- Add the meat slices and stir until well covered with the spices mixture, then cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for at least five hours or overnight.
- In a wide skillet over a strong heat, put the meat slices only without the marinade, and stir until the meat water dries completely.
- Add a cup of water and stir, then add the seasoning mixture and continue stirring.
- Reduce the heat and then leave the meat on the fire until it is completely cooked, then remove it from the heat again and stir until the meat is completely dry.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sweet green pepper slices and stir over a high heat until the vegetables wilt a little.
- Remove the shawarma from the heat and set it aside.
- Now we prepare the sauce by putting tahini, water, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and cumin in a bowl and stir with a mesh paddle, and if the sauce is thick, you can add more water.
- Peel the onion and cut it into slices, then add the vinegar to it and leave it for a few minutes, then remove it from the vinegar.
- We divide the loaves of saj bread into quarters, then take each quarter and wipe it with a little tahini sauce.
- Put a quantity of shawarma, then distribute the onion slices and sprinkle a little sumac and chopped parsley.
- Roll the bread well and then serve it with pickles.
Shawarma spice ingredients