Latvia is one of the distinguished countries in Europe, but it suffers from youth immigration because the salaries of work in Latvia are considered average and vary according to experience, level of education and gender.
State salaries are higher than those of the private sector. Find out all those details in this article.
Latvia is one of the European countries that joined the European Union since 2004, and it has a geographical location Featured, currency The official language in it, like the rest of the European Union, is the euro, and the main language is Latvian, in addition to Spanish.
did not The financial crisis spares the Latvian economy, but Latvia has managed to contain negative indicators at European average levels and show a very low increase in GDP and average wages.
These reasons combined together with the fact that young Latvians continue to leave to work in other EU countries create favorable and attractive conditions for the employment of immigrants from post-Soviet countries.
Work salary in Latvia
A person working in Latvia usually earns around 1,300 Latvian lats per month. Salaries range from 330 Latvian Lats (lowest average) to
5.810 Latvian lats (higher average, actual maximum salary higher).
This monthly average salary includes transportation, housing, and other benefits.
Noting that ((each 1 Latvian lats = 1.6532 US dollars))
Salaries for different occupations Latvia
Salaries in Latvia vary widely by occupation. Below are the salaries for some occupations:
- Mechanical Engineer $33793
- Production Manager $33,691
- Business Development $33,373
- Content Marketing $29949
- Software engineer $28545
- HR Manager $27356
- Chief Financial Officer $26829
- Hardware Engineer $22,386
Salary for work in Latvia by level of experience
The level of experience in Latvia is the most important factor in determining wages, the more years of experience the higher the wage.
Below are the work salaries by level of experience:
- Employees with two to five years of experience earn an average of 32% more than entry-level professionals in a variety of sectors, industries, and specialties.
- Professionals with more than five years of experience earn an average of 36% more than employees with five years or less of work experience.
- When you have more than 10 years of experience, your salary will increase by 14%.
- When your experience exceeds 15 years, the salary increases by 21%
Salary for work in Latvia by level of education
The change in salary by level of education varies greatly. Below are the salaries for work in Latvia by level of education:
- Workers with an average degree or diploma earn 17% more than their peers who have only reached the high school level.
- Employees with a bachelor’s degree earn an average of 24% more than their colleagues who have only been able to obtain a degree or diploma.
- Professionals with a master’s degree earn 29% more than those with a bachelor’s degree.
- On average, PhD holders earn 23% more than MSc holders while doing the same job.
Many young people pursue higher education as a way to get a higher paying job, and the numbers seem to support this tactic. The average increase in compensation during a job change over the usual salary is about 10%.
Salary for work in Latvia by gender
Gender should have no effect on wages and salaries,However, it actually has a significant impact in Latvia, where male employees in Latvia earn 5% more than their female counterparts in all sectors.:
- Males 1.330 Latvian lats
- Female 1.270 Latvian lats
Average salary increase in Latvia by experience
- Gunwar level: 3-5%
- Intermediate level of career 6-9%
- Senior level 10-15%
- Senior management 15-20%
There is no doubt that employers are making more effort to retain more experienced employees because they are more difficult to acquire than less experienced employees.
Comparison of government versus private sector salaries in Latvia
Public sector employees in Latvia earn 7% more than their average income in the private sector in different sectors:
- Private sector 1.250 Latvian lats
- Public sector 1340 Latvian lats.
Salaries for jobs in Latvia
- Accountant 930 Latvian lats
- Accounting Assistant 740 Latvian lats
- Accounting Manager 1,940 Latvian lats
- Accountant 600 Latvian lats
- Chartered Accountant 1.180 Latvian lats
- Corporate Treasurer 1.750 Latvian lats
- Financial Analyst 1.670 Latvian Lats
- Financial manager 2,580 Latvian lats
Salaries for occupations in Latvia
Doctor salary in Latvia
A doctor in Latvia earns about 3060 Latvian lats per month. Salaries range from 1,120 Latvian lats (lowest average) to 5,160 Latvian lats (highest average, actual maximum salary higher)
Appropriate salary for a doctor in Latvia: $2950
Average salary in Latvia: 916 USD
Wages are paid in the official local currency, the Euro
The impact of work experience on salary:
Expert Doctor +31%
Mid-career doctor +16%
Junior Doctor -12%
Dentist salary in Latvia
The salary of a dentist in Latvia ranges from 1.520 Latvian lats per month (minimum wage) to 4.850 Latvian lats per month (maximum salary).
The average salary is 3,170 Lts per month which means that half (((50%) of dental workers earn less than 3,170 Lts while the other half earns more than 3,170 Lts.
Engineer salary in Latvia
The salary of an engineer in Latvia is usually around 1,310 Latvian lats per month. Salaries range from 600 Latvian lats (minimum average) to 2,080 Latvian lats (maximum salary).
This is the average monthly salary including housing, transportation, and other expenses. Engineer salaries vary widely depending on years of experience, skills, gender, or location.
Below is the salary of engineer in Latvia by years of experience:
- 0-2 years 680 Latvian lats
- 5-10 years 1.350 Latvian lats
- 10-15 years 1,650 Latvian lats
- 15-20 years 1,790 Latvian lats
- +20 years 1,940 Latvian lats
- 25 years 910 Latvian lats
Lawyer salary in Latvia
The salary of a lawyer in Latvia is between 1,180 LTS per month (minimum limit) and 4.070 LTS per month (maximum).
The average monthly salary of a lawyer in Latvia is 2,760 Lts per month which means that half (((50%) of the law firm earns less than 2,760 Lts while the other half earns more than 2,760 Lts.
Below we note the change in the salary of a lawyer in Latvia according to years of experience:
- 0-2 years 1,340 Latvian lats
- 5-10 years 2640 Latvian lats
- 10-15 years 3.220 Latvian lats
- 15-20 years 3500 Latvian lats
- +20 years 3790 Latvian lats
- 25 years 1,780 Latvian lats
Pharmacist salary in Latvia
The salary of a person working as a Pharmacist in Latvia ranges from 820 Latvian lats per month (minimum salary) to 2,750 Latvian lats per month (maximum maximum).
The average monthly salary of a pharmacist in Latvia is 1.850 Latvian lats per month which means that half (50%) of those working in the profession of pharmacy earn less than 1.850 latts while the other half earn more than 1.850 lats.
The average salary of a pharmacist changes monthly depending on the years of experience in Latvia Significantly below we will know the salaries of the pharmacist according to years of experience:
- 0-2 years 940 Latvian lats
- 5-10 years 1.850 Latvian lats
- 10-15 years 2,260 Latvian lats
- 15-20 years 2380 Latvian lats
- +20 years 2600 Latvian lats
- 25 years 1300 Latvian lats.
Nursing salary in Latvia
Nursing salaries in Latvia range from 570 LTL per month (minimum wage) to 1,600 LTV per month (maximum wage).
The average monthly salary for nursing in Latvia is 980 Lts per month, which means that half (50%) of nursing workers earn less than 980 Lts, while the other half earn more than 980 Lts.
Below we will show the change in the average nursing salary in Latvia by years of experience:
- 0-2 years 670 Latvian lats
- 5-10 years 1.110 Latvian lats
- 10-15 years 1300 Latvian lats
- 15-20 years 1,440 Latvian lats
- +20 years 1.540 Latvian lats
- 25 years 840 Latvian lats
The relatively low wages in Latvia, especially in the field of personal services, do not prevent Latvians from feeling stable and comfortable in the country. This is due to the relatively low living wages in Latvia.