The common cold is defined as an inflammation of the nasopharynx or the throat, and it is a viral disease that is transmitted between people through infection, and causes a runny nose, and there are many ways and means used to get rid of this disease, including the use of medicines, or natural home mixtures, and others. A lot, as home mixtures are inexpensive compared to other treatments, and in this article we will provide you with natural recipes for treating a cold.
There are several symptoms that appear when you have a cold, it is worth noting that these symptoms often last for two weeks:
- Runny nose.
- secretion of a liquid substance.
- Constant sneezing.
- Itchy throat.
- tears in the eye
- Body temperature higher than normal.
- Shortness of breath.
- A slight cough.
Natural recipes for the treatment of colds
Here is a list of the most important recipes that help in the treatment of colds:
- Put in a bowl a teaspoon of salt and a glass of water, and stir well until the salt is completely dissolved, then put some of this solution in the nose.
- We drink a glass of orange or lemon juice, because it helps activate the immune system, which would resist and get rid of viruses.
- We eat a large bowl of hot soup, especially meat soup; Because it helps in strengthening the body.
- We put in a bowl four large cloves of chopped garlic, and two tablespoons of honey, then eat the mixture on an empty stomach, and it is also possible to add garlic to foods eaten during the day.
- We put in a saucepan a tablespoon of nigella, and two cups of water, then leave the pot on a medium temperature, until the mixture boils, and sweeten it with a tablespoon of white honey, then drink the mixture, and to get rid of a cold quickly, we must drink more of the nigella mixture than once a day.
- Have a cup of boiled thyme, because it helps in strengthening the immune system.
- Drink two cups of boiled celery daily.
- We drink a glass of tamarind juice in the morning, and another glass of it at night.
- Crush two tablespoons of pomegranate seeds, put them in a bowl, then add a tablespoon of bee honey, mix them well, and put some of this mixture in the nose.
- We take lemon juice mixed with mint and fresh ginger, and it is indicated that we should have three cups of it per day.
- We put in a saucepan a liter of water, half of three large lemons, a tablespoon of sugar, and a tablespoon of honey, and leave it on a medium heat until the mixture boils, then we eat three cups of this mixture a day.
- We eat two large cloves of garlic daily.
- Put in a bowl a tablespoon of grated radish, and a glass of lemon juice, then eat the mixture.
- ↑ “Common cold”, www.nhs.uk, Retrieved 26-9-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Mayo Clinic Staff, “Common cold”, mayoclinic.org, Retrieved 9-26-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Common Cold”, medicinenet.com, Retrieved 26-9-2018. Edited.
Recipes for the treatment of colds