Turkey stuffed with grape leaves
- Medium sized turkey.
- Black pepper, salt, and spices – to taste.
- A teaspoon of nutmeg.
- tablespoon of butter.
- cup of sauce.
- Two hundred and fifty grams of boiled grape leaves.
- Two cups of rice.
- Two grated tomatoes.
- Half a cup of parsley.
- Half a cup of coriander.
- Half a cup of dill.
- A quarter of a cup of mint.
- Two onions.
How to prepare
- Bring a suitable size pot and add a little oil in it, then the onions and raise them on the fire and stir the onions until slightly yellow.
- Add the sauce, black pepper, grated tomatoes, and salt to the onions and stir until a thick sauce forms.
- Remove the pot from the heat, then add the spices, rice, parsley, dill, coriander, mint and stir all the ingredients well.
- Stuff the vine leaves with the rice mixture, then put it in the turkey.
- Mix the oil with nutmeg, spices, salt and black pepper, then put it in a syringe and inject the rooster in it well until its meat becomes soft.
- Melt the butter with the nutmeg, ketchup, black pepper, allspice and salt.
- Grease the stuffed rooster with butter sauce, and put water with it to help the grape leaves ripen, then close the rooster and paint it with the sauce.
- Cover the turkey with tin foil, then place it inside the oven, preheated, until it is fully cooked.
Rice with meat and vegetables
- A kilogram of shredded lamb.
- A medium-sized onion, cut into quarters.
- Four tablespoons of oil.
- A teaspoon of saffron.
- Four cloves of cardamom.
- Cinnamon stick.
- A tablespoon of mixed spice.
- Two teaspoons of salt.
- A teaspoon of turmeric.
- Three medium-sized, boiled potatoes.
- Three medium-sized tomatoes, chopped.
- Three cups of washed and soaked rice.
How to prepare
- Put the meat in a saucepan over a high heat and cover it with water, then add cinnamon, cardamom, onions, turmeric and salt until the mixture begins to boil.
- Remove the saffron formed on the surface of the water, then reduce the heat and cover the pot until the meat is cooked.
- Soak the saffron in a tablespoon of water.
- Put seven cups of water in a large saucepan and let the water come to a boil, add two tablespoons of salt and two tablespoons of oil.
- Filter the rice from the water, then add it to the boiling water and leave the water to boil vigorously for about five to six minutes, until the size of the grain of rice doubles, and it must be taken into account that it does not reach the degree of maturity.
- Drain the rice from the boiling water and set it aside.
- When the meat is done, remove the meat from the pot, filter the broth and keep it aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same pot, then add the meat and stir-fry until it turns golden.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes, and onions, stir the ingredients well, then add half the amount of saffron and spices and stir the mixture.
- Add rice, meat broth and the rest of the saffron and leave the mixture for about twenty to thirty minutes on a low heat until the rice is cooked.
- Put the rice in a serving dish, put the meat and vegetables on top and serve.
Ramadan food for the holidays
Writing 2019-12-15 12:59:02 – Last updated: 2022-05-12 23:51:01– on the date :