The pillars of fasting
The two basic pillars of fasting are:
- Intention; It is an important pillar in all acts of worship, and the intention to fast Ramadan at night before dawn, in any part of the night, and the fasting person does not need to renew his intention to fast Ramadan every day if he intends to fast from the first night of it. As for the intention of supererogatory fasting, it is in any part of the day Unless he eats anything after dawn.
- constipation; It is the abstinence of the fasting person from all the things that break the fast, from the rise of the true dawn until sunset.
Conditions for fasting
Fasting Ramadan is obligatory for a sane adult Muslim who is able to fast and who is resident, free of obstacles. This condition is specific to women. Menstruating and postpartum women are not required to fast. As for the youngster, he is not obligated to fast, but he is commanded if he has the ability to do so until he gets used to it.
Requirements and Sunnahs of fasting
From the Sunnahs of fasting and its withdrawals from suhoor, and it is preferable to delay the suhoor if one does not fear the dawn, and it is desirable to hasten the breaking of the fast if it is realized that the sun has set, and a lot of acts of worship and acts of worship, and refraining from the tongue and preserving it from talking a lot without benefit, and about what is forbidden by it; Such as lying, gossip, backbiting, and obscenity, and it is from the Sunnah to break the fast on fresh dates, or on dates if one does not find it, or on water if one does not find dates. It is disliked for the fasting person to collect his saliva and swallow it, and it is also disliked for him to exaggerate in inhaling and rinsing the mouth, so that the water does not reach his stomach.
The spoilers of fasting
The invalidators of fasting, or what is known as those that break the fast, are of two types:
- vomiting type; Such as defecation, cupping, intercourse, and menstruation, and they are among the things that invalidate the fast because they weaken the body, so the body is harmed by its meeting with the weakness resulting from fasting, and also masturbation, in which semen is ejected, whether by hand or otherwise, and the greatest breaking the fast is intercourse, and for the fasting person who has intercourse in During the day in Ramadan, repentance and completion of his fast along with making up for it, and aggravating penance.
- filling-in-type breakers; Such as eating and drinking, which is the delivery of drink or food through the mouth, where the intended wisdom of fasting is not achieved if the fasting person eats and drinks.
- ↑ Yahya Naim Muhammad Khalah (18-6-2016), “Provisions of fasting”, www.alukah.net, accessed on 5-1-2018. act.
- ^ AB Sultan bin Sarai Al-Shammari, “Important and brief rulings on fasting”, www.saaid.net, accessed on 5-1-2019. act.
- ↑ Fatima Yasser Muhammad Fathi (7-30-2012), “A summary of the provisions of fasting”, www.alukah.net, accessed on 5-1-2019. act.
- ↑ “The spoilers of fasting”, islamqa.info, 11-17-2002, accessed on 5-1-2018. act.