The eye takes the form of a round ball with a slight bulge in the front, and it consists of three main layers; It is the outer layer of the eyeball and it is a dark white hard membrane called the sclera or the white of the eye, which contains a slight bulge in the front part of the eye and it is a thin dome-shaped tissue called the cornea, and the middle layer is known as the choroid, and the front part of it is known as the part The colored part of the eye is the iris, which contains a circular hole or hole in the middle known as the pupil, and the inner layer of the eye is made up of the retina.
Vision is carried out by transmitting light through the front of the eye known as the cornea to the lens, where each helps focus the light rays on the back of the eye known as the retina, which contains cells that absorb and convert light into electrochemical impulses that are transmitted along the optic nerve and then to the brain.
Preserving the eye with herbs
In fact, it is not possible to put any kind of herbs directly inside the eye, because the preparations that are placed in the eye must be sterile, as is the case in the preparations given by intravenous injection, and pharmaceutical preparations intended for use in the eye more than once must To contain a preservative for fear of infection of the eye, and it is worth saying that there are other conditions that must be investigated in the preparations that must be placed on the eyes, including the pH of the solution intended for use on the eye, and the optimum pH of eye preparations is pH 7.4, in addition to The chemical formula of the active substance, the solvent for the active substance, which must be carefully prepared so that it does not affect the stability of the active substance, and does not harm the eye, and the viscosity-enhancing substances of eye drops, which helps to control the stay of the drops in the eye and controls its flow.
Putting tea bags on the eyes
Putting tea bags on the eyelids is one of the famous home remedies, as tea bags may help improve the appearance of the eyes by reducing puffiness and redness in the eyelids. Closed for 15-30 minutes, it is also recommended to use fingertips to apply gentle pressure on the eyes or gently massage the area around the eyes, and the bags can be covered with slices of cold cucumber for more comfort, and it can be said that there are several types of tea that can be used, including Black, white, and green teas, and many other herbal teas such as: sage, chamomile, lavender, sage or sage, and calendula known as calendula, comfrey, fennel, and fenugreek.
Eyebright is one of the herbal preparations used to treat eye irritation. It contains many compounds that are beneficial to eye health, such as: flavonoids and quercetin. It is worth noting that several pharmaceutical preparations are available from this herb, including: Extract Liquid, capsules, and eye drops, but it should be said that none of the doses of these preparations has been tested in human studies, and therefore it is really advised not to cling to herbs to treat the eye or maintain its health; Since the eye is a very important and sensitive organ, any preparations that may not be safe and even dangerous if placed in the eyes should not be used.
We will mention some herbs that may be beneficial to support eye health, including the following:
- Fennel: The fennel herb is used by taking fennel tea, as fennel contains nutrients such as: vitamins A and C; They are antioxidant nutrients that help prevent macular degeneration and can help slow and worsen cataracts.
- Blueberry: This plant is useful in improving night vision, as nutritional supplements made of it help to see more clearly for those who have difficulty driving at night.
Eye diseases and problems
The eye may be affected by many diseases, and we will mention some of them as follows:
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD), an aging-related disease that destroys the sharp central vision necessary to see things clearly and to do common daily tasks such as: reading and driving gradually.
- Cataracts, also known as cataracts, cause blurred or cloudy vision, and colors may appear blurry.
- Diabetic eye disease: It is a complication of diabetes and a major cause of blindness, and the most common form of it is diabetic retinopathy, which occurs due to damage to the small blood vessels within the retina.
- Glaucoma, also known as glaucoma; It is a group of diseases that can damage the optic nerve of the eye, lead to vision loss and blindness, and is usually associated with high pressure in the eye, affecting side or peripheral vision.
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes occur when the eyes do not produce tears properly, or when the tears are not sticky and evaporate very quickly, and dry eyes may result from performing some activities such as: using the computer or reading for a long period of time with greater difficulty.
- Amblyopia: Amblyopia, also referred to as a lazy eye, is the most common cause of visual impairment in children. Amblyopia occurs when the vision in one eye is reduced; Because the eye and the brain do not function properly, and it is worth noting that the eye with amblyopia may appear normal, but it is not used normally; Because the brain prefers the other eye, and if amblyopia is not successfully treated in early childhood, it may persist into adulthood, and amblyopia affects approximately 2-3% of the population around the world.
- Strabismus: Strabismus occurs due to a defect in the position of the eyes and coordination between them, where the eyes move in different directions, and do not focus simultaneously on one point, which causes the absence of deep perception of the image, causing the brain to ignore the input from one eye, causing loss of Permanent sight in that eye.
- ↑ “Eye Anatomy and Function”, www.uofmhealth.org, Retrieved 1-6-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “Anatomy of the Eye”, www.umkelloggeye.org, Retrieved 1-6-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “Topical drug dosage forms for eye conditions”, www.pharmaceutical-journal.com, Retrieved 1-6-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “How to use Tea Bags for the Eyes”, www.healthline.com, Retrieved 1-6-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “Do Eyebright Drops and Supplements Benefit Health”, www.healthline.com, Retrieved 1-6-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “10 Amazing Herbs for Good Eye Care”, www.arizonaretinalspecialists.com, Retrieved 1-6-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “Age-Related Eye Diseases”, nei.nih.gov, Retrieved 1-6-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “Common Eye Disorders”, www.cdc.gov, Retrieved 1-6-2019. Edited.
Preserving the eye with herbs