Cake is one of the basics of birthday parties, and there are many types of cake for this occasion that are sold in the markets, but many mothers prefer to prepare it at home; To reduce the financial cost, and to ensure the use of high quality ingredients, it also indicates how much she loves her child, and in this article we will present how to prepare two types of birthday cakes.
Pineapple and coconut cake
- A cup and a quarter of self-yeasting flour (if you do not have it, you can prepare it at home by adding one and a quarter teaspoon of baking powder and one-eighth teaspoon of salt to each cup of flour).
- A can of canned pineapple slices with its juice.
- One hundred and fifty grams of soft butter.
- Two thirds of a cup of sugar.
- A teaspoon of liquid vanilla.
- Two eggs.
- Two-thirds of a cup of dried shredded coconut.
- A quarter cup of fresh grated coconut.
How to prepare
- Preheat the oven to a medium temperature of one hundred and eighty degrees Celsius, prepare a cake pan by greasing it with a little butter, then cover its bottom and sides with a piece of butter paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter, sugar, and vanilla until combined and you have a light texture.
- Add the eggs one at a time while continuing to beat after each addition.
- Add the flour, pineapple juice, and shredded dried coconut, and mix the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into the mold, and arrange the pineapple slices on top, then sprinkle the fresh coconut on top.
- Bake the mold in the preheated oven for forty minutes, and to test the maturity of the cake, you can insert a wooden stick into the cake and then take it out. If it comes out clean, that indicates its maturity.
- Remove the mold from the oven and set it aside to cool, then remove the cake from it and leave it to cool again.
Orange and lemon cake
- Two and a half cups of flour.
- Four eggs.
- Two tablespoons of baking powder.
- A teaspoon of vanilla.
- Two tablespoons of grated lemon peel.
- Two tablespoons of grated orange peel.
- A glass of orange juice.
- Half a cup of lemon juice.
- A cup and a half of sugar.
- Half a cup of vegetable oil.
How to prepare
- Sift in a bowl: flour, vanilla, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together: eggs, oil, sugar, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix together until well combined.
- Grease the mold with a little oil, and sprinkle it with flour.
- Pour the cake mixture into the mould.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven at a temperature of one hundred and eighty degrees Celsius for forty minutes.
Preparing a birthday cake for boys