The United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates is one of the countries with a federal system, located in the eastern part of the Arabian Peninsula. The Arabian Peninsula is located in the southwest of the continent of Asia. The Emirates overlook the southern part of the coast of the Arabian Gulf. The Emirates are bordered by the State of Qatar in the northwest and Saudi Arabia from to the west, and the Sultanate of Oman to the south.
Since 1971, the Emirates have been called the Trucial States, and the Trucial Coast of Oman; The reason for the name is due to the armistice that took place in the 19th century and included the Emirates and the Arabs, and a political system for the Emirates is followed according to the provisions of the 1971 constitution, which stipulates that the state is divided into several bodies, and that Islam is the main religion of the country, and its official language is Arabic, while the system of government It is a constitutional monarchy.
- The UAE ranks seventh in terms of its oil reserves.
- The UAE has a strong and developing economy, and it ranks among the strongest economies in Western Asia.
- The UAE economy ranks 22nd in the world, in terms of exchange rates.
- The UAE ranks second in the world in terms of per capita purchasing power.
- The UAE ranks 40th, according to the Human Development Index in Asia.
- The UAE ranks as one of the countries with a high per capita income.
Division of the Emirates in the country
- Abu Dhabi, with its ruler Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Dubai, with its ruler, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- Sharjah, with its ruler Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi.
- Ajman, with its ruler Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi.
- Umm Al Quwain, with its ruler Saud bin Rashid Al Mualla.
- Ras Al Khaimah, with its ruler Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi.
- Fujairah, with its ruler, Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi.
UAE population and demographics
The population of the Emirates is estimated at 5,628,805 people, and indigenous citizens constitute only 16% of the total population, and the rest of the percentage goes to residents of different nationalities, where the residents are distributed as follows:
- 23% are Arabs and Iranians.
- 50% of the population of South Asia.
- 8% of other nationalities.
The largest of the Emirates in population: Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah, respectively, and Ras al-Khaimah is one of the most densely populated emirates. The predominant state religion is Islam, and the Maliki school of thought is followed specifically in Abu Dhabi, and the Hanbali school of thought in Sharjah, and there is a small group of Shiites as well.
Public health in the UAE
The average age of individuals in the country is 78.5 years, and the main causes of death are cardiovascular diseases, and other causes such as accidents, tumors, injuries, and congenital anomalies with birth as well.