Blood circulation is the movement of blood throughout the body, through which food and oxygen are transferred to cells from the left ventricle to the capillaries and blood veins, but sometimes it is exposed to defect or weakness, and therefore can lead to many serious complications if not treated Including: arterial blockage, heart attacks, and blood circulation problems are its weakness in the extremities and the lack of blood reaching them, and this problem has many dangers, so we will mention in this article the causes, symptoms and methods of treating this problem.
Symptoms of poor blood circulation in the extremities
- Sensation of tingling and numbness in the extremities of the body.
- Feeling severe pain in the extremities of the body.
- Spasm in the muscles of the body.
- Cramping while walking.
- Muscle spasm while sleeping or lying down.
- Feeling of coldness and chills in the feet.
- Difficulty healing wounds.
- A change in the color of the leg.
- Poor hair growth in the legs and feet.
- Nails become thicker.
- Low temperature of the legs.
- blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness in some advanced cases.
- dizziness, dizziness;
Causes of poor blood circulation in the extremities
- Peripheral artery exposure to many diseases, and this occurs as a result of many factors, the most important of which is fatty deposits in the arteries.
- A clot in the blood, which leads to poor circulation.
- Expansion and enlargement of the blood vessels as a result of varicose veins.
- Diabetes, where studies have confirmed that diabetes plays a major role in poor blood circulation in the body, especially in the extremities.
- Excess weight, which leads to increased pressure on the limbs.
- Raynaud’s disease.
- The pressure is higher than normal.
- Lack of physical movement.
- Smoking in large quantities.
- High level of harmful cholesterol in the body.
- Drink a lot of alcoholic beverages.
Medical treatment of poor blood circulation in the extremities
- Angioplasty in advanced cases, which in turn helps to get rid of the fat deposited in the arteries.
- Take medications that prevent strokes.
- Taking medications that reduce high cholesterol.
- Taking medications that lower high blood pressure.
Treating poor blood circulation in the extremities naturally
- Valerian: Put a handful of valerian in a glass of water and mix, then drink it once a day.
- Cinnamon: Drink a cup of cinnamon soaked daily, or it can be added to various food dishes.
- Milk soaked: Drink a cup of milk soaked at least twice a day.
- Grapes: Put a handful of red grapes in a glass of water and stir, then leave it aside for ten minutes, and then drink it twice a day.
- Lemon: Put a handful of chamomile and a cut lemon in a cup of hot water and mix, then cover the mixture and leave it until it cools completely, and then drink it once on an empty stomach.
The most important foods that help the flow of blood circulation
- Avocado: It contains omega-3, which has an effective role in improving blood circulation in the body.
- Onions: They contain a substance called allicin, which plays a major role in improving blood circulation.
- Oats, barley, and spinach, as each of these foods contains magnesium, which is important for healthy blood circulation.
- Hassa Alban, and ginger.
Prevention of poor blood circulation
- Maintain an ideal weight.
- Do regular exercise.
- Follow healthy eating habits.
- Eating more vegetables and fruits.
- Monitoring the level of diabetes in the body on a daily basis.
- Stay away from smoking.
- Do not sit in cold places.
Poor blood circulation in the extremities