Table of contents
Ozymbek injection – Follow Favorite To control blood sugar in type 2 diabetics. Learn about the details of using this drug, the appropriate dose of it, contraindications to its use, its price in the market, tips before taking the drug, and many important information related to a diabetic who takes this drug.
What are Ozempic injections?
It is an injection used with an adult patient with type 2 diabetes. These injections help him control blood sugar, in addition to using a healthy diet and exercise. This medication is similar to the body’s hormones that help control blood sugar, insulin levels, and digestion. The doctor recommends the patient to use this medication after other medications have been tried and failed to achieve the desired control.
|Generic name of the drug||semaglutide injection.|
|drug classification||A medicine to treat diabetes.|
|drug manufacturer||Novo Nordisk Bagsvaerd.|
Indications for use Ozimbic
This medicine has one use and that is to control the blood sugar level in an adult type 2 diabetic. This drug reduces cardiovascular risks such as: stroke, preventing kidney damage, heart attack, blindness, limb loss, and death.
Read also: Mylotarg
The 5 most famous contraindications to the use of Ozymbek injections
The most famous cases in which this drug is contraindicated:
- The drug should not be given to patients with type 1 diabetes.
- The drug should not be given to a patient with a history of adenomas.
- A diabetic who also takes insulin, should not take this medicine.
- Do not use the medicine if the patient is allergic to semaglutide.
- The medicine should not be given to anyone under the age of 18.
Read also: entecavir drug
Important tips before taking Ozempic
For the patient to whom the doctor recommends this medicine, he should take the following advice:
- The patient should tell the doctor if:
- Has an upset stomach or a stomach ache.
- He suffers from any eye problems caused by diabetes.
- If he has kidney or liver disease.
- He suffers from pancreatitis.
- Exercising and sticking to a healthy diet plays an important role in controlling high blood sugar.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should stop taking this medicine at least 2 months in advance.
- It is imperative to tell your doctor as soon as you become pregnant while taking the medicine to find a safe alternative.
pregnancy and breastfeeding
This medicine should not be given to a pregnant woman. Therefore, a pregnant woman should go to the doctor in case of high blood sugar in order to recommend a safe alternative for her and her fetus. As for the nursing mother, there are no studies showing the effect of the drug on the woman and her infant, or whether this drug passes from breast milk to the mother or not.
Read also: Elocon
How to take Ozempic injections?
The patient can avoid the occurrence of side effects by taking the medication correctly, and this is as follows:
- The patient must take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor, and according to his instructions and instructions.
- This medication is injected under the skin once a week.
- The injection can be taken with or without food.
- Your doctor will usually increase the dose gradually every 4 weeks, so care must be taken while taking the recommended doses.
- If the patient wants to change the dose, he should start the new dose at least two days after the last injection.
- The patient should not hesitate to ask the doctor any questions he does not find answers to about the medicine.
- To achieve the desired results, the drug must be taken at the same time weekly.
- To avoid bruising from the injection, it is necessary to vary the places where the needle is taken.
Ozempic injection doses
The doses recommended by a doctor vary from patient to patient, depending on many factors. جرعة البالغين الموصى بها مع السكري من النوع الثاني، أو الجرعة المٌستخدمة لتقليل مخاطر القلب والأوعية الدموية هي:
- Maintenance dose: ranges between (0.5-1) mg once a week. The maximum dose of 1 mg/week should not be exceeded.
What do you do if you forget to take a dose?
If the patient forgets to take a dose of the medicine, he must take it as soon as he remembers it in case he remembers it, and skip it if more than 5 days have passed, and return to the usual schedule.
What do you do if you take an overdose?
In this case, you must refer to the doctor immediately; To take the necessary instructions or go to the hospital for help.
Read also: EpiPen injections.
Actions to avoid while taking this medicine
These are the most common actions that should be avoided with the drug:
- Do not use another brand of this medicine (Trademark) without consulting your doctor.
- Do not use the needle more than once.
- This medicine should not be given to a patient with the same symptoms.
- The medicine should not be used if any foreign particles appear in it or change its color.
Ozimbic side effects
The most common side effects that appear with this medicine are:
- Allergic reactions such as: swelling of the lips and tongue, difficulty breathing.
- Feeling of heartbeats.
- vision problems
- Mood and behavioral changes.
- Symptoms of pancreatitis such as: nausea, stomach pain extending to the back.
- Signs of a tumor in the thyroid gland, such as: difficulty swallowing, swelling in the neck, shortness of breath.
- Symptoms of low blood sugar such as: sweating, hunger, dizziness, nervousness, hunger.
- Gallbladder problems appear in stool color change, jaundice.
- Kidney problems that appear in the form of tiredness, urination disorder.
- Diarrhea and stomach pain.
These are the most important and most noticeable side effects with this medicine. The patient must go to the doctor as soon as any of them appear, or any other side effects appear since the beginning of taking this medicine.
Drugs that interact with Ozempic . injections
The patient should show the doctor the list of medications he takes; To study the possible interactions between this drug and any other drug, because this drug interacts with many drugs. يجب أن تحتوي هذه القائمة على أدوية علاج السكر الأخرى مثل: اكزيناتيد، ليراجلوتيد، فيكتوزا، وأي أدوية أخرى يأخذها المريض سواء كانت موصوفة أو غير موصوفة أو فيتامينات.
Alternative medicines to Ozempic
There are some alternatives that can be used instead of these injections after referring to the doctor, and they are:
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists such as: exenatide, lixisenatide.
- Sodium-glucose co-transporter inhibitors such as dapagliflozin.
- Metformin such as: Glucophage.
- Thiazolidinediones such as: pioglitazone.
The price of the Ozymbek drug in the local markets
|The state||Concentration and dosage form||price|
|Saudi Arabia||Ozymbek pen 0.5 mg.||380 Saudi riyals.|
|Egypt||Ozymbek pen 0.5 mg.||1588 Egyptian pounds.|
|UAE||Ozymbic at a concentration of 0.5 mg.||381.48 UAE dirhams.|
Frequently asked questions about Ozempic
How can Ozimbek be stored?
The syringe should be kept in the refrigerator without freezing, and away from heat and light.
What concentrations of Ozempic injections are available?
There are 3 concentrations of these injections: 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg.
How long does Ozempic need to work?
The patient can notice the effect of this medicine and its ability to lower the blood sugar level within the first week of starting to use the injection, however with some patients the full effect of this medicine appears within 8 weeks or more.
In the end, Ozempic injections are one of the most widely used drugs by type 2 diabetes patients. The patient must take the necessary instructions and instructions; To avoid the emergence of side effects and accompanying problems.