Table of contents
tablets Ortho Tricycline– (Ortho Tri-Cyclen) To prevent pregnancy and treat acne. Learn about these tablets closely, their use in detail, their appropriate dosage, the most important advice for women that should be taken, contraindications to the use of these tablets, actions to be avoided when taking this drug, and a lot of important information about this drug.
What are Ortho Tricyclin tablets?
They are tablets that women use to prevent pregnancy. They contain female hormones, ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate, that prevent the release of eggs from the ovaries, and they also prevent pregnancy by changing the cervical mucus and the lining of the uterus, making it difficult for sperm to pass into the uterus, In the event that it passes and prevents the fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus, this drug can also be used with women to treat acne.
|Generic name of the drug||Fmay af.|
|Brand Names||Sprintec, Estarylla, Tri-Sprintec, Mili, TriNessa, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Previfem, Tri-Mili, Tri-Lo-Mili, VyLibra, Tri-Previfem , Tri-VyLibra.|
Indications for use of Ortho Tricycline tablets
This medicine can be used in these cases:
- A suitable contraceptive method for women.
- To make the menstrual cycle more regular.
- It reduces blood loss and pain, and reduces the risk of ovarian cysts.
- It can also be used to treat acne in women over the age of 15, provided that it is used at the same time as a contraceptive.
Contraindications to the use of Ortho Tricycline tablets
There are some cases in which women should not use this drug, the most famous of which are:
- If the patient is allergic to the active substance of the drug.
- A woman should not use these tablets if she is pregnant.
- A woman should not take these tablets if she has recently given birth to a child.
- Not to be used by women under 15 years of age.
- There are some medical conditions in which the patient should not use this drug, the most important of which are:
- heart disease;
- Coronary artery disease.
- Various liver diseases.
- If the patient will soon undergo major surgery.
- Circulatory problems associated with diabetes.
- If the woman complains of vaginal bleeding for no reason.
- A woman who is taking medication to treat hepatitis C virus.
- If the woman smokes and is over 35 years old.
- The patient has a history of blood clot or stroke.
- The patient suffers from cancer of the breast, uterus or vagina.
Read also: Neopro Patch
Important tips before taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen
These are the most important tips that women should take with tablets Ortho Tri-Cyclen:
- There are some health conditions that the woman should tell the doctor about before prescribing treatment, which are:
- If she suffers from high blood pressure.
- She was diagnosed with diabetes.
- Suffer from high cholesterol.
- The appearance of jaundice with pregnancy.
- Women who are taking this medicine should tell their doctor if they become pregnant while taking this medicine.
- It is advised to wait at least 4 weeks after the baby is born before considering these tablets.
- Bleeding can appear while taking this medicine normally for 3 months from the beginning of taking it. If the woman is concerned, she should not hesitate to ask the doctor.
pregnancy and breastfeeding
Pregnant women should not take this medicine. As for breastfeeding women, this medicine can reduce breast milk; Therefore, it is necessary to consult a doctor in the case of a breastfeeding woman to determine whether it is appropriate to use these tablets or should be replaced with others.
Read also: Humulin R
How to take Ortho Tri-Cyclen Tablets
Women can take this medicine correctly by applying the following instructions:
- Women for whom the doctor prescribes this medicine must take it as mentioned in the instructions and instructions for them.
- Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- It is recommended to use another method of contraception at the beginning of taking these tablets.
- Dosages of this medicine should not be missed; For fear of increasing the possibility of pregnancy if a dose is missed.
- It is recommended to use a method with another pregnancy, in case the patient suffers from severe diarrhea or vomiting.
- The woman who takes this medicine should follow up with the specialist doctor.
Read also: Nuzyra
Ortho Tricycline tablets dosages
The usual adult dose of this medicine to prevent pregnancy is: One tablet daily to be taken by mouth. This medicine should be taken on the first day of your period. The same dose can be used with adults to treat acne.
The dose for children 15 years of age or older is one tablet daily to swallow.
What do you do if you forget to take a dose?
|the condition||correct behavior|
|If the patient misses one pill||She should take 2 pills on the day she remembers and then take 1 pill for the rest of the pack.|
|If the patient misses two pills in a row in the first and second weeks||She should take two pills daily for two consecutive days. Then take one tablet daily until the end of the package. A backup method of contraception must be used for at least 7 days.|
|If the patient misses two pills in a row in the third week,||She should throw out this pack, and start a new one on the same day if it’s at the beginning of the first day. If the woman starts on a Sunday, she must continue to take the contraceptive pill every day until Sunday.|
|If the patient misses 3 tablets in a row in the first 3 weeks||In this case, the package must be discarded and a new bottle must be started on the same day, if the woman is at the beginning of the first day. If it starts on Sunday, we recommend continuing to take the pill every day until Sunday.|
What do you do if you take an overdose?
The patient must go to the doctor immediately after taking the overdose or go to the hospital to do the necessary.
Actions to avoid while taking this medicine
One of the most important actions that a woman should avoid while taking this medication is to stop smoking. Where the woman should refrain from smoking while taking this medicine; Because this would increase heart disease and stroke.
Read also: AndroGel
Ortho Tricycline side effects
The most frequently reported side effects with tablets Ortho Tri-Cyclen:
- Signs that the patient is allergic to the drug, such as: swelling of the face and lips, difficulty breathing.
- Symptoms of depression include sleep problems, feeling tired, and mood changes.
- Signs of a stroke such as: vision and balance problems, sudden headache, sudden numbness and weakness.
- Swelling in the hands or feet.
- Signs of a blood clot such as: feeling short of breath, coughing up blood (hemoptysis).
- Liver problems such as: dark urine, stomach pain, jaundice.
- Severe headache.
- A lump in the breast.
- Changes in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches.
- Symptoms indicating a heart attack, such as: pain in the chest, jaws and shoulder.
- Strange vaginal discharge.
These are the most common side effects associated with this drug, and you need to go to the doctor as soon as they appear, or any other strange side effects appear, until the doctor determines whether it can be adapted, treated, or even stopped taking the drug.
Drugs that interact with Ortho Tricycline Tablets
The patient must take her list of medicines when she goes to the doctor, provided that this list is updated and contains all the prescribed and non-prescribed medicines and those vitamins and herbs that she used to take; To study the drug interactions between it and this drug and to avoid the effect of any of them on the other.
The 6 Alternatives to Ortho Tricycline Tablets
There are many alternatives to this drug, including:
- See if your sprint.
- Mille discs.
This is an overview of the most famous alternatives that can be used instead of this drug after referring to the doctor, and it has many other alternatives on the market.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Tablets Market Price
Since these tablets are widely available in foreign markets, it is easy to determine the price in dollars as the value of Ortho Tricycline for 28 tablets is about 109 USD.
In the end, Ortho Tri-Cyclen tablets are one of the most popular drugs used by women to prevent pregnancy. You should not worry about the side effects that appear with this drug as long as the patient adheres to its instructions and instructions, and stays away from it if it is not suitable for her.