Table of contents
Orladio capsules – Follow Favorite For the treatment of hereditary edema in adults. Learn about the details of using this drug, the side effects that can result from it, the most important tips before using the drug, contraindications to its use, its price in the global markets, and finally answering the most important questions that revolve around it.
What is Orladeyo?
This medicine is used to prevent symptoms of hereditary angioedema in adults and children who are at least 12 years old (HAE). This drug works by blocking the activity of the protein kallikrein, whose activity leads to an increase in the level of another protein known as bradykinin, which causes dilation of blood vessels, leading to symptoms of edema from swelling and inflammation of the face, throat, arms and legs, and the swelling may extend to the area around the alimentary canal which affects them.
This medicine gives its desired effect if it is used to prevent hereditary edema, and not to treat an acute attack caused by it.
|Generic name of the drug||berotralstat.|
|Brand Names||Orladeyo medication.|
|drug classification||Hereditary angioedema factors.|
Indications for use of Orladio
This medicine has one use: to prevent attacks of hereditary angioedema in adults and children over 12 years of age. The most severe episodes of edema affecting the throat and tongue are; Because with it it is difficult to breathe and you need a health care professional to deal with it, so it is necessary to prevent these attacks before they occur.
Read also: Mirabegron
Contraindications to the use of Orladio capsules
The most famous cases in which the use of the drug is prohibited:
- If the patient is allergic to pyrotrastat, which is the active substance in the medicine.
- It is forbidden to use the drug if the patient is a child, i.e. under the age of 12 years.
Read also: Myrbetriq
Important tips before taking Orladeyo
There are some tips that the patient needs to take this medicine correctly, such as:
- This medicine should only be dispensed with a prescription.
- The patient must adhere to all the instructions and instructions that the doctor prescribed with the medication.
- The patient should tell the doctor if he is on this list:
- liver disease
- He suffers from any heart disorders.
- A kidney patient or if the patient is on dialysis.
- He suffers from any of the chronic diseases.
- The woman who takes this medicine, she should tell the doctor if she becomes pregnant with the medicine.
- The patient should tell the doctor if his condition does not improve with the medicine.
pregnancy and breastfeeding
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not take the drug except under the supervision of the doctor and under his instructions; Because this medicine can harm the baby, and because the studies conducted by scientists on it with pregnant and breastfeeding women are insufficient; Therefore, only the doctor can weigh the necessity of treatment or not in this case.
How to take Orladio
The patient can take this medicine correctly by following these instructions:
- The patient must understand the instructions related to the medicine, in order to be able to apply them.
- It is necessary to ask the doctor about any instructions that are not clear, or do not understand the method of taking the medicine or the instructions attached to it.
- This medicine should be taken with food, and should not be taken on an empty stomach.
- The patient should be careful to take the dose without increasing or decreasing it; To avoid problems with the medication.
- Take care of the doses for the elderly and children; Because they are most susceptible to side effects.
- The dentist or surgeon should be told about this medicine in case the patient needs to visit either of them.
- It is recommended to take the medicine at the same time every day; to achieve the desired results.
Usual doses of medicine
The dose that the doctor prescribes for the patient depends on many factors such as: the patient’s age, health condition, and weight, but the recommended dose of this medicine is one 150 mg capsule taken once daily. The doctor can also prescribe this drug at a concentration of 110 mg with some cases that have a history of liver disease, or have stomach problems.
What do you do if you forget to take a dose?
In the event that the patient forgets a dose, he can take it as soon as he remembers it in the event that there is a time interval between it and what follows, and two doses should not be taken if he remembers it at a later time.
What do you do if you take an overdose?
It is imperative to communicate with the private doctor in this case, and take the necessary instructions and instructions. Or go to the hospital in this case to do the necessary.
Read also: Neosporin
Actions to avoid while taking this medicine
There are some actions that the patient should avoid while taking the medication:
- The patient should not share this medicine with any other patient even if he has the same symptoms, or suffers from angioedema without the permission of the doctor.
- The patient should not increase the dose without the doctor’s permission; Because this medicine causes heart problems and irregular heartbeats.
Orladio side effects
There are some side effects that have been recorded with this drug, the most famous of which are:
- The appearance of signs indicating the patient’s sensitivity to the active substance, which calls for stopping the drug immediately, for example: difficulty breathing, redness of the skin, swelling in the face.
- Diarrhea and vomiting.
- Back ache.
- stomach acidity;
This is a list of the side effects that appeared with the medicine and that requires informing the doctor as soon as any of them appear, or even if other effects not mentioned at the beginning of the patient taking the medicine because in some cases the doctor recommends stopping the medicine and replacing it with another.
Drugs that interact with Orladeyo capsules
This medicine can interact with any other medicines the patient is taking. Therefore, in order to prevent this from happening, the patient must update her medication list, provided that it contains all prescription drugs such as: medicines for treating chronic diseases, and other medicines that do not need a prescription such as: some types of painkillers, vitamins and herbs that The patient is accustomed to taking it. The most popular medications that should be included in the patient’s list that interact with the drug:
Read also: Myfembree
The 6 Alternative Medicines to Orladeyo
There are some medicines that can be used as an alternative to this medicine after referring to the doctor, the most famous of which are:
- Taziro medicine.
- Hygarda injection.
- Senrise drug.
- Icatibant treatment.
- Calpitor medication.
- Eicalantide treatment.
Orladeyo capsules price in the market
Since this drug is not available in abundance in the Arab markets, it is difficult to determine its price locally, but its international cost is 40,473 USD, for a 110 mg package containing 28 capsules.
Orladeyo Frequently Asked Questions
How can Orladio be stored?
This medicine can be kept on a high shelf, completely away from moisture, heat and sunlight.
What concentrations are available in the market of Orladio?
This medicine is available as capsules to swallow in two concentrations of 110 mg and 150 mg.
Finally, Orladeyo capsules to prevent attacks of angioedema. This medicine is not used to treat acute attacks of the disease, but it is used to prevent symptoms of edema. Do not worry about side effects if the patient adheres to the instructions, instructions, and doses prescribed by the doctor.