Eid is a joy for adults and children, as Muslims celebrate two holidays legislated by God Almighty, which are the happy Eid al-Fitr and the blessed Eid al-Adha. Lord, as well as the gathering of the family on one trip, which is a form of interdependence between all people, and in this holy month, zakat is obligatory on the fasting person, so that the competent authorities collect this zakat and distribute it to those who need it, which contributes to making a smile on the faces of these poor and needy It also helps them to perform the manifestations of the feast and makes the young one happy before the old, while the blessed Eid al-Adha comes on the tenth day of the month of Dhu al-Hijjah, preceded by the day of the Waqf of Arafa.
Manifestations of Muslim holidays
From the Sunnahs and manifestations of Muslim holidays
- The Eid prayer is after sunrise and its rule is a confirmed Sunnah. The Eid prayer consists of two rak’ahs, the first rak’ah has seven takbeers without the takbeer of the Ihram, and the second rak’ah has five takbeers, and Surat Al-Gashiya or Surat Al-Qamar is read, and then the sermon that contains important sermons and lessons in the community, and then shakes hands People are to each other and reconcile with each other.
- Eid Takbeerat, which is one of the most beautiful aspects of Eid, which makes Muslims feel the beauty and sweetness of Eid and it is after every prayer.
- On the blessed Eid al-Adha, the able-bodied sacrifice a sheep or a cow according to their ability, and they divide the sacrifice into three equal parts, one part of which is distributed to the poor and orphans, the second part to the needy relatives and friends, of course, and the last part to the person who sacrifices and his family.
- Eid decorations that make joy and pleasure and prepare for the Eid meeting.
- Eid cakes, which are one of the most beautiful aspects of Eid, where most people make Eid cakes, and there are many types of these cakes, including stuffed with dates and pistachios.
- Preparing plain coffee and dates as a kind of hospitality.
- Visiting relatives and friends and maintaining the ties of kinship, which Islam strongly urges us to do.
- Eid, which the children rejoice before the adults.
Manifestations of Christian holidays
Among the manifestations of Christian holidays:
- Decorating and lighting the Christmas tree.
- Performing rituals and ritual prayers in churches.
- Some people wear their own red dress (Santa Claus), and distribute gifts to children to bring joy to their hearts, whether they are Christians or Muslims.
- Making Eid cakes and buying many types of chocolates as a form of hospitality.
- Street decoration and lighting.
- Organizing festivals and social celebrations and exchanging visits.
- ↑ “The first Eid al-Fitr in Islam”, www.fatwa.islamweb.net, 3-4-2002, accessed on 9-17-2018. act.
- ↑ “The recommended Sunnahs before and after the Eid prayer”, Islamweb, 10-19-2017, accessed on 9-17-2018. act.
- ↑ “How to Care for a Christmas Tree”, wikihow, Retrieved 2018-9-17. Edited.