Soup is one of the dishes that is eaten as a side dish at lunch or dinner, and is usually served before the main meal, especially in the blessed month of Ramadan. It contains a high percentage of nutrients beneficial to the body, such as: vitamins, mineral salts, proteins, and fibers, which provide the body with the fluids it needs, and help digestion and open appetite, and are suitable for people who are overweight, and in this article we will mention Two recipes for homemade vegetable soup.
- Five teaspoons of vegetable oil.
- One and a half cups of chopped onions.
- Two cups of chopped carrots.
- A cup and a quarter of chopped leeks.
- Four cloves of garlic.
- Four cups of vegetable broth.
- Two cups of chopped tomatoes.
- Three cups of diced potatoes.
- One and a half cups of peas.
- A cup and a quarter of corn.
- A third of a cup of parsley.
- Two laurel leaves.
- A quarter of a tablespoon of dried thyme.
- Quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
How to prepare
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add onions, shallots, garlic, carrots and mix well.
- Add the broth, potatoes, tomatoes, parsley, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Flavor the ingredients with salt and black pepper, and leave the pot to boil over a low heat.
- Add the peas, cover the pot, and let it boil for twenty to thirty minutes.
- Add the corn and let it cook for another five minutes.
- We put the soup in the electric food processor if we want to get a smooth soup, or leave it as it is.
Vegetable soup with chicken broth
- Two carrots cut into small cubes.
- Two potatoes, cut into small cubes.
- A piece of tomato.
- Four teaspoons of chopped celery.
- Two teaspoons of chopped onion.
- A quarter cup of peas.
- A tablespoon of boiled beans.
- A cube of chicken broth.
- pinch of salt.
- Pinch of black pepper.
- A quarter of a spoonful of assorted spices.
- A clove of garlic.
A quarter of a tablespoon of cumin.
- Two teaspoons of olive oil.
- A liter and a half of water.
How to prepare
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on the stove, and add the carrots, celery, potatoes, peas, beans, and onions.
- Stir the ingredients for 5 minutes, then add the water, cover the pot, and leave the ingredients to boil.
- Add chicken broth cube, garlic, and flavor with salt, spices, cumin, and black pepper.
- Stir the ingredients well, and leave them to soften.
Delicious vegetable soup