Cancer is the abnormal growth of body cells. It affects the places where cells are produced in the body so that malignant cells begin to multiply and spread in the body until it is difficult to control them, and thus a person loses his life if the discovery of cancer is delayed, and there are many types of cancer whose names vary according to the affected organ, One of the types of cancer is lung cancer, and in this article we will learn about the stages of lung cancer’s development and we will discuss the symptoms, complications, necessary tests and ways to prevent it.
Lung cancer stages
- The first stage: At this stage, the disease is confined to a limited area only within the lung or lungs, so that it has not spread to the lymph nodes or to other organs, and this stage is considered one of the best chances of recovery among the stages, and the patient is treated with chemotherapy and surgery.
- The second stage: In this stage, the tumor begins to spread through metastasis to the surrounding lymph nodes, and the patient is treated with chemotherapy and surgery.
- Stage III: In this stage the tumor has spread to the distant lymph nodes.
- Fourth stage: At this stage, the tumor spreads to all parts of the body, reaching the brain, blood, bones, and liver. This stage is considered one of the most difficult stages for the tumor to pass through.
Lung cancer symptoms
- The occurrence of a new cough, which appears and does not go away.
- Changes in the chronic cough or cough of smokers.
- That the cough is accompanied by bloody sputum, even if it is very little, which is called hemoptysis.
- Feeling short of breath.
- Feeling of pain in the chest area.
- Hoarseness of the voice.
- The presence of pain in and around the shoulder, as a result of pressure from the tumor on the nerves of the body.
- Feeling of heaviness in the head.
- Protrusion of the chest veins.
lung cancer complications
- Accumulation of fluid in the chest area.
- Disease outbreaks in different parts of the body.
- Death by disease.
Lung cancer screenings
- Performing imaging tests, which are imaging tests.
- A saliva test is a test that determines the shape and functions of cells, and it is known as Cytology.
- Tissue examination, which is a biopsy examination.
Lung cancer prevention methods
- Limit smoking.
- Avoid staying near people who smoke.
- Be sure to constantly detect the presence of radon gas in the surrounding area in the house.
- Be careful to avoid exposure to carcinogens at work.
- Follow a diet rich in vegetables and fruits.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
Lung cancer stages