Therapeutic methods to get rid of lice
There are many medical treatments that can be used to treat head lice, which are as follows:
- Benzyl alcohol: This treatment is used to get rid of the problem of lice, by cutting off oxygen from them, which leads to killing them, but this treatment may leave side effects such as redness of the scalp and itching, and for this reason it is forbidden to use this treatment for children under six months.
- Ivermectin: This treatment can be used as a wash for dry hair once for 10 minutes, then washed, or by using it as an oral medical treatment, taking care that it is not used for people under the age of six months.
Home methods and recipes to get rid of lice
Home remedies can be resorted to if medical drugs are not used to get rid of the problem of head lice, and one of the most effective ways to treat this problem is to comb the hair when it is wet, and in this method a substance is placed to soften the hair, then comb it from the scalp, to the ends using a comb It has fine teeth to remove lice, but this process must be repeated every 3-4 days for several weeks; For best results.
Coconut oil contributes to getting rid of the problem of lice, and limits its spread in the hair; Because it contains the beneficial properties of hair, and to implement this recipe, you can follow the following steps:
- the ingredients:
- How to prepare:
- Amount of diluted apple cider vinegar.
- amount of coconut oil.
- Wash hair using apple cider vinegar diluted with water.
- Dry the hair, then apply coconut oil to the hair.
- Cover hair with a shower cap or towel for the whole night.
- Wash hair the next morning with shampoo as usual.
- Repeat this process daily before bed for a week.
- Anise oil can be added to coconut oil to make it more effective.
Tips to get rid of lice
Here are some tips that you should follow to maintain healthy, clean hair:
- Clean household items: Items that have been used by the person infested with lice should be washed; To ensure that all required hygiene items are obtained.
- Talk to the source of the infestation: The problem of lice is often found in schools and childcare facilities; Because these places contain many children, among whom infection may occur, so you must contact the officials in these places, and tell them.
- ^ a b “Head lice”, www.mayoclinic.org, Retrieved 31-1-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Joseph Summers, “10 Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Lice”, www.lifehack.org, Retrieved 31-1-2019. Edited.
- ↑ “How to Get Rid of Head Lice Naturally”, www.wikihow.com, Retrieved 31-1-2019. Edited.
Lice and ways to get rid of it