- Five hundred grams of red lentils.
- Eight cups of vegetable broth, or chicken broth.
- One hundred and fifty grams of butter.
- Finely chopped slices of onion.
- Two leeks.
- Four islands.
- Five cloves of garlic.
- A tablespoon of crushed cumin.
- Salt, to taste-.
- Hot red pepper, dried whole – to taste.
How to prepare
- Rinse the lentils with cold water to get rid of impurities and drain them from the water.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, and add the vegetables to fry with a pinch of salt.
- Add half the amount of cumin, then the lentils, and stir it a little.
- Add the broth, hot red pepper, and let it boil over a low heat, until the lentils are tender.
- Leave it to cool a little, then remove the hot red pepper – you can leave the hot pepper as desired -.
- Grind the ingredients in an electric mixer to get a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Serve the soup hot, with red Aleppo pepper, toasted bread, and lemon juice can be added.
Lentil soup with vegetables
- Three tablespoons of corn oil.
- Medium grain of chopped onion.
- Crushed garlic clove.
- A cup of crushed lentils.
- Two medium sized carrots, chopped.
- A medium sweet potato, cut into cubes.
- One medium diced tomato.
- Six cups of broth or water.
- Teaspoon salt.
- A teaspoon of cumin.
- quarter tea spoon of black Peper.
How to prepare
- Put the oil in a deep saucepan, heat it on a medium heat, add the onion, and stir until softened, then add the garlic, and stir until it turns golden.
- Add the lentils, carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes, and stir the ingredients to mix, and add the broth, stirring constantly.
- Leave the pot on medium heat for about 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Grind the soup in a blender in batches until smooth, add water or broth – as needed – then add salt, cumin, and pepper.
- Heat the soup again, then serve it hot, with toasted bread and lemon.
Lentil soup method
writing 2019-12-15 02:05:33 – Last updated: 2022-06-17 02:00:01– on the date :