Table of contents
The hormonal IUD is one of the types of IUD that is used to prevent pregnancy for a period of up to 5 years. What are the harms of installing an IUD, and what is the price of the IUD?
What is the hormonal IUD Kyleena?
The Kyleena IUD is a small plastic but flexible T-shaped device. This IUD is implanted in the uterus and releases a substance called levonorgestrel, which is a female hormone. When levonorgestrel is released into the uterus, it causes changes in the cervix and its lining that make it difficult for sperm to reach an egg for fertilization. Kyleena IUD does not contain estrogen, or prevents implantation of a fertilized egg.
|Generic name of the drug||levonorgestrel intrauterine system
|drug classification||contraceptive, progestin|
|Pharmaceutical Forms||Kyleena – Mierna|
Indications for use of the intrauterine device Kyleena
Kyleena is an intrauterine device (IUD) that is used for the purpose of preventing pregnancy for up to five years.
Contraindications to the use of the hormonal coil Kyleena
- The Kyleena hormonal IUD is not used if a woman has abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- If you have a pelvic infection, you should not use the Kyleena IUD.
- If you have breast or uterine cancer, the Kyleena IUD is not for you.
- The placement of the intrauterine device (IUD) when you have various liver diseases, or a liver tumor is incorrect.
- Kyleena IUDs are not for use by those with a weakened immune system.
- Any pathological problem with the cervix or uterus should not be used with the Kyleena IUD.
- An intrauterine device (IUD) is not used during pregnancy.
Important tips before installing a hormonal IUD, Kyleena
You should not use Kyleena if you are allergic to levonorgestrel, silicone, silica, silver, barium, iron oxide, or polyethylene. future in determining your reproductive ability.
pregnancy and breastfeeding
During pregnancy the Kyleena IUD should not be used because if left in place it can cause miscarriage, premature birth, or sometimes even death of the mother. It can also cause pregnancy abnormalities. Therefore, if you become pregnant while using an IUD, you should consult a doctor about it.
During breastfeeding, the hormonal IUD can be used, Kyleena, in very few cases where it may affect the amount of milk. Also, the use of the IUD during breastfeeding may increase the chance of the IUD penetrating the uterine wall and embedding in it.
How to install an intrauterine device
- Kyleena’s hormonal IUD is inserted into the uterus through the vagina by a medical professional.
- After during and after the IUD insertion for up to 30 minutes, you may feel some vaginal bleeding, but if it continues for more than that, you need a medical consultation.
- It’s best to see your doctor weeks after the hormonal IUD has been inserted to make sure it’s still in place.
- You may experience irregular menstrual periods after it has been fitted for up to 6 months.
- If you do not feel that the removal threads for the IUD are present, or that the IUD has moved out of its place, go to the doctor to make sure that it is in place.
Actions to be avoided while using the Kyleena IUD
If you plan to have an MRI while using the Kyleena hormonal IUD, tell your radiologist that it is available.
Kyleena IUD side effects
- The Kyleena hormonal IUD may cause allergic reactions such as: difficulty breathing, swelling, hives.
- The Kyleena IUD may embed in the uterine wall, possibly causing a perforation of the uterine wall, whichever way the IUD is useless and will not prevent pregnancy.
- Sometimes the IUD can move outside the uterus, causing scarring or damage to various organs, and it must be removed.
- Irregular menstrual periods.
- Pelvic cramps or pain.
- dizziness or headache;
- Heavy or light vaginal bleeding, foul-smelling or abnormal vaginal discharge.
- Ovarian cysts.
- engorgement or pain in the breasts.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Signs that you have an infection are:
Medicines that interact with the intrauterine device (IUD) Kyleena
- St. John’s wort.
- Tranexamic acid.
Alternative medicines for IUD Kyleena
- Mirena spiral.
- skyla spiral.
The price of the intrauterine device, Kilina, in the local markets
The price of the hormonal IUD Kyleena in the US market is 1125 dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions About Kyleena IUD
Is there a chance of pregnancy while using Kyleena IUD?
The Kyleena coil prevents pregnancy to a large extent, but it can still happen.
Does the use of IUD Kyleena protect against sexually transmitted diseases?
The Kyleena IUD is used to prevent pregnancy for up to five years, but the Kyleena IUD can cause some nasty side effects, including loss of the ability to conceive, or an ectopic pregnancy.