The World – Kuwait
“The Kuwaiti government has postponed the second phase of its plan to resume commercial flights until further notice,” the Kuwait News Agency quoted a cabinet decision.
And regarding this decision, to keep the airport capacity at 30 percent of pre-Corona pandemic levels.
The agency added that the Cabinet also ordered the General Administration of Civil Aviation in Kuwait to reduce the number of flights coming to the country.
Kuwait started the first phase of resuming flights in August last year, with a reduced passenger capacity, which it said would last six months, after which a maximum capacity of 60 percent would be allowed.
A source told Reuters, “Kuwait, on Sunday, reduced the number of daily arrivals to the country on foreign airlines by 80 percent, to reach a thousand passengers in an effort to limit the spread of the new strain of Corona virus.”
On Monday, Kuwait recorded 492 new cases of the new Corona virus, bringing the total number of infections to 161,777, and two deaths, bringing the total number of deaths registered to date to 954.