Dwarves, pygmy or pygmy, are individuals whose adult males do not exceed one hundred and thirty centimeters in length, and adult women are no more than one hundred and twenty-one centimeters in length, and they are distinguished by their round heads, large noses, dark yellowish-black skin, and peppered, woolly hair, As well as the lack of hair on their body and faces.
Short stature is often due to a pathological condition caused by a decrease in the proportion of hormones secreted by the pituitary and thyroid glands. This pathological problem is often accompanied by some symptoms; Such as premature aging, fatigue, and loss of proportion in the body organs, as well as the continuation of the nature and movements of childhood, until reaching the age of puberty.
There are many dwarf groups, gathering between five latitudes north and south of the equator, and these groups live in some Asian regions, some islands of the Pacific and Indian Oceans and they are called Asian dwarfs, and African groups live in tropical rainforests, and in Cameroon, Boronian, Gabon, and Congo, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guinea, Uganda and Central Africa, they are called African dwarfs, and it should be noted that the number of dwarfs is approximately 150,000, and most of them speak the Bantu language.
Sections of dwarves
- Tabero, and they live in New Guinea, and some areas in Melanesian, such as the Bismarck archipelago, Caledonia, Solomon Islands, Fiji, and Vanuatu, and they are characterized by their thick black hair spread on the body and face, their heads and broad noses, and their thick lips that are not inverted, in addition to their yellowish-brown skin .
- The Simang live largely in Malay, southern Thailand, and eastern Sumatra, and their clan is small, as their number does not exceed thirty individuals. Totemism and spirits, and their magicians occupy a distinguished economic and social position, and they are characterized by their short and flat noses, and their thick lips, as well as their broad heads by up to 75%.
- Andaman Islands dwarves, who live in the Bay of Bengal, are characterized by the width of their heads and faces, and their length, which does not exceed 148 centimeters, as well as their full lips, straight noses, and small hands, and it should be noted that their body members are somewhat proportionate.
- The following live on the island of Luzon in the Philippines, their height does not exceed 146 centimeters, one of their characteristics; Their hair is black and thick and widely spread on both the body and face, and their nose is broad and flat, as is their broad head.
- The eastern pygmies, known as the Bambute, live in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, called the Ituri Basin.
- Western pygmies live in the tropical forests of Cameroon and Congo, an example of which is the Binga.
- The Mediterranean dwarfs live in the Congo River basin. These dwarfs form a separation wall between the eastern dwarfs and the western dwarfs, and the most prominent of their group is the Twa, who are the shortest human groups, as the length of their adult members ranges from 129_132 centimeters.
Information about dwarves