Jalash or baklava is one of the sweets that the countries of the Levant and Egypt in particular are famous for, which consists of very thin layers of dough, which are stuffed with several types of fillings, such as stuffing with pistachios, or walnuts with cinnamon, and sometimes with cream, or chocolate. Its shapes, sometimes in the form of a cone, or a square, and sometimes in the form of cylindrical fingers, and in this article we will learn about the method of making goulash fingers stuffed with cream.
- Half a pack of Algelash dough.
- Two tablespoons of ground pistachios, for garnish.
- Two cups of liquid whole milk.
- Half a cup of coarse semolina.
- tow big spoon of sugar.
- One cup of melted vegetable ghee.
- Two cups of syrup.
- a glass of water.
- a cup of sugar.
- A spoonful of lemon juice.
- A teaspoon of rose water.
How to prepare
- Preparing the oven and heating it at a temperature of 200 °C, preparing the middle shelf of it, and preparing a rectangular tray with short edges.
- Take the goulash dough out of the freezer, and leave it on the dining table in the kitchen; Until the ice covering it disintegrates, and its temperature becomes like that of the kitchen.
- Preparation of the cream: Put the milk, semolina and sugar in a stainless steel bowl, and put it on a medium heat, taking into account continuing to stir the ingredients, using the wooden spoon, until the cream sticks together, then remove the bowl from the fire, cover it with a nylon bag, and leave it until It cools completely.
- Spread a piece of parchment paper on the surface of the dining table in the kitchen, and prepare a wide brush, and a plate of melted ghee, next to the butter paper.
- Open the goulash dough after the snow has melted from it, and place it on the butter paper, taking into account that the long side of the goulash is in front, and using a grease brush, the goulash piece is wiped with a thin layer of vegetable ghee.
- Bend the goulash sheet twice from the short side, in order to get three layers of dough.
- Put a tablespoon of the filling on the tip of the goulash dough, and roll the dough over the filling four times, then cut the dough using the knife, and thus obtain goulash fingers stuffed with cream.
- Arrange the gulash fingers in the baking tray, next to each other, taking into account that the tip of the dough is facing the bottom of the tray.
- Wipe the glaze fingers with vegetable ghee, using a grease brush.
- Bake the cheese sticks for a quarter of an hour, until they become golden in color.
- Take out Algelash fingers from the oven, and impregnate them with syrup.
- Put the sticks on a serving plate, and decorate them with ground pistachios.
How to work Algelash fingers