How to make pomegranate molasses
- Six to seven pomegranates are enough to give nine cups of juice, or use four cups of pomegranate juice.
- One hundred grams of sugar plus two tablespoons of sugar.
- quarter cup of lemon juice.
How to prepare
- Remove the entire pomegranate crown with a sharp knife, then cut each pomegranate into four cloves.
- Peeling the pomegranate and extracting the pomegranate seeds from the inside (the fruit is inside the pomegranate).
- Put the pomegranate seeds in a bowl filled with water and leave it for a while so that the remnants of the peel come out on the surface of the water and the seeds are deposited.
- Remove scale residues on the surface of the water using a strainer.
- Take the pomegranate seeds out of the water and put them in the mixer bowl and run it on high speed until the pomegranate juice is formed and do this step in batches until the amount of pomegranate seeds runs out.
- Put a suitable size pot, then put a colander on top of it and pour the pomegranate juice over the strainer to filter it from the pomegranate seeds or any impurities. In the end, you should get three and a half to four cups of pomegranate juice.
- Remove the strainer from the pot, then add lemon juice and sugar to the pomegranate juice in the pot, put the pot on medium heat and leave it until it boils.
- Reduce the heat under the pot and leave the pomegranate on a low heat for an hour until the pomegranate molasses ripens, stirring the mixture from time to time during this period.
- Remove the pomegranate molasses from the fire and leave it aside to cool completely and will freeze when it cools down to get the usual consistency of molasses and then keep it in the refrigerator for the time of use.
Chicken with pomegranate molasses sauce
- Four large potatoes, cut into thick slices and fried.
- Five cloves of cardamom.
- Four cloves of cloves.
- Two bay leaves.
- Cinnamon stick.
- a tablespoon of salt.
- A medium-sized onion, cut into quarters.
- A kilogram of chicken cut into quarters.
Pomegranate Sauce Ingredients:
- Half a cup of each:
- Pomegranate molasses.
How to prepare
- Put each of: chicken, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon, salt and onions in a large saucepan.
- Submerge the chicken in water, then place the pot over a medium heat until the mixture begins to boil while removing the resulting foam on the surface using a spoon with holes.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat under it, then leave it on a low heat for half an hour.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the broth and set it aside in a bowl, reserving the broth.
- Prepare an appropriately sized oven dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and install the rack in the middle.
- Distribute half the amount of potato slices in the prepared dish until the bottom of the dish is completely covered, then distribute the chicken over it in the dish, then distribute the rest of the potato slices over the chicken.
Prepare the pomegranate molasses sauce:
- Put each of: pomegranate molasses, broth and vinegar in a saucepan over a medium heat and leave the mixture on the fire until it boils.
- Reduce the heat under the pot and leave it on a low heat for five minutes until the sauce is thickened and a thick sauce is obtained.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and potatoes in the dish, then put the dish into the preheated oven and leave it for forty-five minutes until the chicken and potatoes absorb the sauce.
- Take out the chicken and potatoes dish with pomegranate molasses from the oven and serve it directly with white rice.
Chicken liver with pomegranate molasses
- Half a kilogram of chicken liver.
- A tablespoon of lemon juice.
- A quarter of a cup of pomegranate molasses.
- A century of chopped green pepper.
- Laurel leaf.
- A piece of chopped onion.
- Two tablespoons of oil.
- Black pepper and salt – to taste.
How to prepare
- Wash the liver, then put it in a saucepan and put water, bay leaf and some onion on top.
- Put the pot on medium heat until boiling, then remove the liver from the water and dispose of the water.
- Cut the liver into small pieces using a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a suitable sized frying pan over a medium heat, add green pepper to it and the rest of the onion, and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until the onions acquire a golden color.
- Add the liver pieces to the mixture of the pan and leave it to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add each of: lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, salt and pepper to the liver, then leave it on a low heat for a few minutes.
- Pour the liver with pomegranate molasses into a serving dish and serve directly with lemon slices and Arabic bread.
How to prepare pomegranate molasses
writing 2019-12-15 12:59:12 – Last updated: 2022-06-15 16:09:01– on the date :