The samosa is one of the side dishes that is frequently served on Arab tables, especially in the month of Ramadan. The oil is also of high nutritional value.
Chicken and vegetable samosa
Ingredients for the samosa filling:
- Half a kilogram of minced chicken breast.
- Two potatoes, chopped into small pieces.
- Onion, medium size, finely chopped.
- Grated carrot.
- Three cloves of crushed garlic.
- A century of finely chopped hot green pepper.
- Two tablespoons of cream cheese.
- Two tablespoons of fresh chopped coriander.
- One and a half cups of vegetable oil for frying.
- Small spoon of salt.
- One and a half tablespoons of mustard.
- A tablespoon of curry.
- A teaspoon of cumin.
- Half a tablespoon of black pepper, and chili – as desired.
- Half a teaspoon of dry coriander.
- Samosa dough: two kilograms of flour, an egg, a pinch of salt, a spoonful of yeast, a spoonful of sugar and water.
How to prepare
- Put the flour in a large bowl, add salt, egg, sugar, yeast, stir the ingredients, then gradually add the water until you have a soft dough, then cover the dough with nylon, and leave it to ferment for about an hour, during this period prepare the filling.
- Put the oil in a deep frying pan, and place the frying pan over a low heat until the oil is hot.
- Put the potato cubes in the hot oil, and stir them until they are soft, then remove them, and place them on an oil-drying paper.
- Put a small amount of oil in a deep saucepan, put the saucepan on a low heat, then add the chopped onion, stir the onion until it wilts, then add the garlic, and stir the ingredients well until the garlic is red.
- Add the minced chicken to the pot, and stir the ingredients well until the minced chicken changes color and begins to mature, then add salt, pepper, cumin, dry coriander, and stir the ingredients homogeneously, and then cover the pot, and leave the chicken until it is completely cooked.
- Add the shredded carrots, chopped hot pepper to the pot, and stir the mixture until it wilts, then add the fried potato cubes, green coriander, and the remaining spices, and stir the mixture homogeneously.
- Add mustard, liquid cheese to the mixture, and re-mix the ingredients well.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and pour the filling into a wide dish until it cools.
- Roll the dough into a thin dough, then cut it into circles using a medium-sized cup, or using a dough cutter.
- Put a tablespoon of the filling in the center of each circle, close the edges by flipping them over each other, and aligning them with a fork.
- Put an amount of oil in a deep saucepan, and put the pot on the fire, until the oil is hot.
- Put the samosas in the hot oil, and stir them until they turn golden, then take them out, and put them on oil-drying paper, then serve them hot, and serve them with milk and pickles.
How to make samosas with chicken and vegetables
Writing 2019-12-15 02:36:07 – Last updated: 2022-05-13 06:21:01– on the date :