Koshary is one of the well-known popular dishes in Egypt, and one of the distinctive food dishes in it. The Koshary dish consists of a group of grains of high nutritional value, including lentils, chickpeas, in addition to pasta and other secondary ingredients. It is characterized by its delicious taste, and the simplicity of its steps, which we will mention in this article. .
Koshary the Egyptian way
- One and a half cups of boiled pasta.
- A cup and a half of rice.
- A cup of brown lentils.
- A cup of chickpeas love boiled.
- Two peeled tomatoes.
- Two onions.
- Two cubes of chicken broth.
- Two tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Half a cup of vermicelli.
- Half a cup of white vinegar.
- frying oil.
- pinch of salt.
- A pinch of cumin.
- Crushed garlic as desired.
- Water for boiling.
How to prepare
- Put the water in a pot on the stove until it reaches the boiling point.
- Add the lentils to the boil, cover the pot, and cook over a low heat.
- Cut the onions into thin slices.
- Put the oil in a saucepan, then heat it, and fry half the amount of onions in it until it turns light brown.
- Take out the onions, and keep the oil in the pot, fry the vermicelli in it, and fry them until they turn golden.
- Add a quantity of water to the vermicelli, and invite the water to boil, then add the rice and chicken broth cubes.
- Drain the lentils from the water after making sure they are completely boiled, then add them to the rice.
- Reduce the temperature of the fire under the rice, then cover it and leave it until it becomes soft.
- To prepare the sauce: Heat the oil in a saucepan on the stove, then add the remaining onions and garlic, and stir until they turn golden.
- Blend the peeled tomatoes in the electric mixer, then add them to the onions and garlic, and stir with them.
- Add the tomato paste, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of cumin, and stir until the sauce ingredients are mixed together.
- Gradually add water and in small quantities, but take care that the final consistency of the sauce is thick.
- Bring the pot to a boil, and during this time, prepare the sauce.
- To prepare the Dakka sauce: Put in a deep dish: half a spoon of cumin, half a spoon of salt, lemon juice, an amount of garlic and vinegar, then stir them together.
- Remove the rice from the heat after making sure it is done, then put it in a serving dish.
- Decorate the rice with chickpeas, pasta, and pour the tomato sauce on top of the dish, then distribute the fried onions on the sauce, and pour a little sauce again over the onions, and serve it next to the accuracy sauce.
How to make koshary on the Egyptian way