Gulf cuisine is characterized by the diversity of its dishes and recipes, and the use of a unique blend of aromatic flavors and spices. Rice is the main ingredient for most Gulf dishes, and among the most famous spices used in Gulf dishes is cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, saffron, and other spices. Among the well-known Gulf dishes are meat machboos, Kuwaiti chicken machboos, ouzi, kabsa, and many other distinct dishes.
Kuwaiti chicken machboos
- Two large chickens.
- Three cups of long-grain basmati rice.
- Three onions, cut into medium-sized cubes.
- Three sticks of cinnamon.
- Six grains of cardamom.
- Five cloves.
- A teaspoon of mixed spice.
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper.
- A teaspoon of saffron.
- Four tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- ¼ cup raisins (to taste)
- Quarter cup of rose water.
- Four cups of boiling water.
How to prepare
- Soak the rice in warm salted water for 15-20 minutes, then drain it from the water.
- Soak the saffron in rose water, and leave it until its color dissolves.
- To prepare the onion filling, we fry half of the onion until it wilts, add salt, pepper, half a tablespoon of cardamom and cinnamon, and then add the raisins that have been previously soaked after filtering from the rose water.
- To boil the chicken, heat the oil in a saucepan, put all the spices with the remaining onion, and leave it until it turns golden.
- Add boiling water to the pot with a little salt, add the chicken and leave it until it is well cooked.
- Half the chicken after its maturity, and fry it in the oven.
- Add the chicken broth to the drained rice, and put it on a low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the rice absorbs the amount of water.
- We add the saffron with the rose water soaked in it on the face of the rice after the rice has absorbed the water, distribute the saffron, and leave it on a low heat until the rice dries.
- Four tomatoes.
- Three cloves of garlic.
- Hot pepper.
- Half a teaspoon of salt.
- Three tablespoons of olive oil.
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
How to prepare
- Put the tomatoes, hot pepper, garlic, salt and olive oil in the blender, mash them well, then put the mixture on a low heat for 15 minutes until the mixture blends and the flavors overlap (chili peppers can not be placed), and the daqoos sauce can be eaten cold without boiling it.
- Put the rice in a serving dish, spread the onion filling on top of the rice, put the roasted chicken on top and serve them with daqoos sauce.
How to make Gulf food