Children’s play putty can be made by following the following method:
- Two cups of flour.
- Two cups of water.
- Three quarters of a cup of salt.
- Four teaspoons of tartaric cream.
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Food coloring – optional.
How to prepare:
- Mix the flour, cream and salt in a saucepan until well combined.
- Add water and oil and stir well.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat for two to three minutes, stirring occasionally, taking care to scrape the bottom of the pot to avoid sticking or burning the paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl after making sure its consistency.
- Add dots of food coloring.
- Knead the paste for thirty seconds until it becomes smooth, and keep it in an airtight container and in the refrigerator for up to three months.
Dolls house work
The size and dimensions of the following dollhouse vary depending on the size of the doll or as desired, and can be made by following these steps:
- Cut two pieces of wood the same size to form the sides of the house.
- Cut two more pieces of wood to the desired height, then fix the four pieces with nails until a box is formed without a back base.
- Put the box on a piece of wood and cut it to form the back base of the house, then fix it with nails.
- Cut a wooden shelf and install it in the middle of the house in the appropriate way (either using a supporting wall at the bottom, or fixing it with small pieces of wood, or using corner brackets), taking care to cut a small space behind it to install the stairs.
- Design walls by pasting wallpaper, and ceramic wallpaper can be used to design the kitchen.
- Install small spotlights in the ceiling as desired.
- Arrange the game furniture in the house.
making a rag doll
One of the most important gifts that can be made is a cloth doll in the required form, by following the following steps:
- Template as required.
- Felt Fabric.
- fixing pins.
- embroidery thread
- Polyester filling.
- Wooden chopsticks.
- Print the template and fix it on the felt fabric with pins, then cut two pieces of it.
- The face was made by embroidering the eyes, nose and mouth with embroidery floss.
- Pin the two pieces of felt together using a Whipstitch all the way to the top, leaving a small space for stuffing the doll.
- Fill the doll well with polyester until it becomes solid, and use wooden sticks to insert it into the legs and hands.
- Sew the remaining space using the cross stitch.
- ↑ “How to Make Play Dough”, www.wikihow.com, Retrieved 11-12-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “How to Make a Doll House”, www.wikihow.com, Retrieved 11-12-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Tooth Bear with Cindy”, www.marthastewart.com, Retrieved 11-12-2018. Edited.
How to make gifts for children