There are many types of salad in which garlic is introduced as a main ingredient so that its taste is distinct and clear in the salad, and there are no specific vegetables that should be used without others, but usually the available seasonal vegetables are used, and garlic salad is often confused with garlic sauce, and it is worth Saying that garlic salad can be eaten alone as a healthy light dish, while garlic sauce should be served alongside bread or one of the types of grilled meat and cannot be eaten alone.
Garlic salad is one of the favorite types of salad for followers of weight-loss diets, as long as mayonnaise or cheese is not added to it, and therefore it is unlike garlic sauce rich in fat; It is rich in various vitamins and light in calories compared to others, especially since garlic contains dietary fiber, vitamin C and calcium.
garlic salad ingredients
- Small green cabbage head.
- One green sweet pepper.
- A large carrot.
- A large cucumber.
- ¼ cup of lemon juice, or you can use ¼ cup of natural vinegar.
- Two small tomatoes.
- A whole head of garlic, or you can use two teaspoons of garlic powder after dissolving them in two tablespoons of water and pouring them over the salad.
- Half a cup of vegetable oil, such as olive oil or canola oil, as desired.
- Two teaspoons of salt.
How to prepare garlic salad
- Prepare the vegetables for the salad by cutting the cabbage, green bell pepper and cucumber into small pieces, grating the carrot, and mashing the garlic cloves.
- Put the cabbage, capsicum, cucumber and carrots in a large bowl and set aside.
- Put the garlic in a small bowl, pour over the lemon juice and leave it for a few minutes.
- Add vegetable oil to another bowl, add salt, lemon juice and mashed garlic, and mix the ingredients well and with a quick movement until the oil is homogeneous with the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture of oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic over the chopped vegetables, stir all the ingredients together and make sure that all the vegetables are completely coated with the garlic flavor, then leave for ten to fifteen minutes until the flavors absorb and homogeneous together.
- Serve the salad with toasted slices of toast as an appetizer or a light side dish, and grilled fish can be served alongside it to be a healthy and balanced dish, or you can serve it alongside any type of meat you prefer.
How to make garlic salad