Fried pies are one of the desired appetizers in the Arab society, especially the Gulf society. The idea of making fried pies reached the Arabs from the West, then the Arabs took them and innovated in the ways of preparing them. The nice thing about this dish is that the fillings can be mastered, for example, they can be stuffed with meat, vegetables or fruits as desired.
Preparing fried meat pies
- Six cups of flour.
- One cup of melted butter.
- tow big spoon of sugar.
- Two teaspoons of salt.
- One and a half cups of lukewarm water.
- Kilogram of minced veal.
- Four tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Two finely chopped onions.
- Pine, as desired.
- Black pepper to taste, for the filling.
- Salt to taste for the filling.
- Mixed spices for filling optional.
How to prepare
- We bring a deep bowl to prepare the dough, add flour, butter, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Gradually add water and knead well until we get a smooth and cohesive dough.
- Cover the dough with cling film and leave it to rest for about half an hour.
- We bring a frying pan and put the oil in it, and leave it for a minute on a medium heat, then add the onions and stir until it wilts, and then put the meat on top of the onions and add salt, black pepper, and spices, then stir from time to time until the meat is cooked.
- After the minced meat has matured, add the pine nuts, stir again to distribute well, and leave it on the fire for two minutes, then turn off the heat and leave it aside to cool.
- We take the dough that we have prepared and spread it out on a surface sprinkled with flour using the rolling pin, then cut it into circles, and then put a little filling in each circle and close it well by pressing on its edges with a fork.
- Put a little oil in a frying pan, and leave it on the fire until it heats up, then put the pastry pieces in the oil and leave it until it turns red and turns golden.
Making fried apple pies
- Two cups of flour.
- Half a cup of butter.
- Quarter of a teaspoon of baking powder.
- pinch of salt
- Half a cup of lukewarm water.
- Four teaspoons of butter for the filling.
- a tablespoon of sugar.
- Three medium-sized apples, peeled and finely chopped.
- Two teaspoons of starch.
- A tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Fine sugar for garnish.
- Fine cinnamon for garnish (optional).
How to prepare
- First we prepare the filling for the pies by putting apples, butter, starch, cinnamon and sugar, and stir over a medium heat and leave for ten minutes until the apples are soft and soft, and after they are cooked leave them aside to cool.
- We prepare the dough by adding both flour and melted butter, baking powder, salt and water, and knead using the hand until we get a cohesive dough that does not stick to the edges of the bowl.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a flat surface, and roll the dough using a rolling pin until the thickness of the dough is 3-4 millimeters.
- Cut the dough into rectangles as desired.
- Put a little filling in each rectangle at the long edge of the dough piece, then cover the filling with the other long end, and press the edges well with a fork.
- Heat the frying oil on the stove, then put the apple pies to fry, and continue stirring until they are golden on all sides.
- We take it out of the oil and put it on kitchen paper to absorb the oil, then sprinkle it with fine cinnamon and powdered sugar.
How to make fried pies