Freekeh is one of the food items that are very popular with many people, and it is considered a substitute for rice so that it can be used in many recipes in which rice is used, and it is characterized by a wonderful taste in addition to its high nutritional value, and there are many ways to cook freekeh, for example, it can be cooked with meat. , chicken, or yogurt and other ways, and through the article we will present to you how to prepare the casserole of freekeh with liver and gizzard in a distinctive and easy way.
Freekeh tagine with liver and gizzard
- Two cups of green freekeh.
- Two teaspoons of salt.
- A teaspoon of turmeric.
- One onion cut into small cubes.
- Two teaspoons of black pepper.
- Two teaspoons of mixed spices.
For the liver and gizzards
- Two hundred grams of shredded chicken liver.
- finely chopped onion
- A tablespoon of vinegar.
- A teaspoon of black pepper.
- Small spoon of salt.
- One hundred grams of chopped giblets.
- Roasted peanuts as desired.
- Two tablespoons of toasted almonds.
- Vegetable oil.
How to prepare
- Put the freekeh in a large, deep bowl, then soak it in hot water for a quarter of an hour and set it aside.
- Put a little vegetable oil in a frying pan on the fire, then add the onion cubes and stir until it wilts.
- Add salt and black pepper and stir, then add turmeric and the mixed spices and continue stirring.
- Add the soaked freekeh and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- We add a quantity of boiling water so that all the ingredients are covered, then leave the mixture on the fire for a quarter of an hour and the grits absorb the amount of water.
- Now we prepare the liver and giblets by putting a little vegetable oil in a pot on the fire, then add the onions, salt and black pepper and stir.
- We add the vinegar and continue to stir, then add the liver and giblets and stir until it changes color and becomes light.
- Pour a small amount of boiling water, then leave the ingredients on the fire until they are completely cooked.
- Pour the freekeh into a serving bowl, then place the liver and giblets on it.
- We distribute peanuts and almonds on the face as a kind of decoration, and the previous decorating ingredients can be replaced with any other type of favorite nuts.
- Freekeh casserole with liver and gizzard is served hot alongside yoghurt or any kind of salad.
Benefits of liver and giblets
- It prevents anemia.
- It strengthens the eyesight because it contains a good percentage of vitamin A.
- It contains a high percentage of vitamin B12
- Strengthens and activates the immune system in the body to prevent infection with many diseases.
- It resists stress and tension because it contains pantothenic acid.
- It contains proteins that maintain healthy nails, hair, skin and hair.
How to make freekeh casserole with liver and gizzards