Eid cakes are a kind of sweets that are served on Islamic holidays, as it is available in all homes on this day, and the method of preparing it varies according to the customs and traditions of those countries. There are those who stuff it with dates, pistachios, or walnuts, and we will mention in this article two recipes for how to prepare cakes with flour.
Eid cakes with flour
- Two and a half cups of flour.
- Half a cup of cornstarch.
- Half a cup of powdered sugar.
- Two hundred and thirty grams of butter.
- A quarter of a teaspoon of vanilla.
- One-third of a pack of dates.
- Two tablespoons of butter.
How to prepare
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, then add the dates to it.
- Let the ingredients mix well, then form them into small balls.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, and vanilla into a bowl.
- Add the butter to the ingredients, then mix the ingredients using a kneading machine.
- Knead the dough until it becomes soft, then divide it into small balls.
- Take a piece of dough, make a hole in the middle, and put a ball of dates in it.
- Shape it by hand into squares and put it on a tray.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of one hundred and eighty degrees Celsius, and put the tray in the oven.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and leave it to cool completely.
Eid cakes with dates
- Four cups of flour.
- A cup and a half of ghee.
- A tablespoon of yeast.
- cup of powdered sugar.
- A tablespoon of vanilla.
- Half a cup of rose water.
- Water as needed.
- A quarter of a cup of rose water.
- A cup and a half of dates.
- Four teaspoons of ghee.
- Two teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Two teaspoons of rose water.
- Powdered sugar for decorating
How to prepare
- Mix the flour, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water, then sprinkle a pinch of powdered sugar.
- Gradually add the ghee, and knead well until you get a dough.
- Add the blossom water, rose water, and the yeast mixture with continuous mixing until the ingredients overlap.
- Leave the dough for at least six hours to ferment.
- Add the dates, cinnamon, and leave the ingredients for ten minutes on a low heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat, pour the rose water, then stir until they overlap.
- We take an amount of dough, and then put a little filling in the middle, and form it in the form of a circular disk.
- Arrange the cakes in a lightly oiled oven tray, and put them in a preheated oven at a temperature of one hundred and eighty degrees Celsius until they are done.
- Take the tray out of the oven, and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
How to make Eid cakes with flour