Zurbian is one of the popular Arab dishes that first appeared in Yemen, then spread to neighboring Arab countries for its delicious taste and distinctive flavour. It is noteworthy that this dish can be prepared in different ways and ingredients. .
- A cup of black rice.
- Four teaspoons of oil.
- Cinnamon sticks.
- Two cloves, cardamom.
- Two onions cut into slices.
- A quarter of a tablespoon of black pepper powder.
- Two cloves of crushed garlic.
- Half a tablespoon of fresh ginger.
- Five chicken breasts.
- Half a kilogram of fresh tomatoes.
- Four teaspoons of milk.
- Two teaspoons of saffron.
- Half a tablespoon of turmeric.
- Two cups of curd.
- Two teaspoons of almonds.
How to prepare
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Stir the cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan over medium heat with the oil for two minutes.
- Add the onions to the mixture of spices, and saute for ten minutes, until they wilt.
- Increase both garlic and chicken, in addition to ginger and pepper.
- Leave the ingredients to cook on the fire until the chicken is done, then add the tomatoes.
- Boil the milk for a few minutes, and add the saffron to it.
- Pour the milk into a bowl, leave it to cool, then add both turmeric and curd to it.
- Add the resulting mixture to the chicken, and leave the ingredients to boil over the fire for a third of an hour.
- Pour the rice into a serving dish, put the chicken with the sauce on top, then decorate the dish with almonds.
Yemeni Chicken Zurbian
- Four pieces of boneless chicken breasts.
- Two medium potatoes.
- Three cups of basmati rice, soaked for thirty minutes.
- A finely chopped onion.
- A head of crushed garlic, mixed with two teaspoons of cardamom powder.
- Four teaspoons of curd.
- Chicken spices: 1/4 teaspoon of the following spices:
- Rice spices:
- Black pepper.
- Coriander powder.
- Cinnamon stick.
- Five grains of cardamom.
- Two cloves.
- Two laurel leaves.
- Salt, to taste-.
- Chicken stock – as needed.
How to prepare
- Sauté the onions in a saucepan over a medium heat with the oil until they wilt.
- Add chicken to the pot, season with salt, and stir constantly.
- Add the prepared garlic mixture, then the spices for the chicken, and stir again.
- Pour the curd over the chicken.
- Submerge the previous ingredients in hot water, and leave them on the fire until boiling and ripening.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes, and fry them in the oil.
- Add the potatoes to the chicken pot, cover the pot, and leave it for a few minutes.
- Start preparing the rice, by boiling it in a pot on the fire, with chicken broth.
- Flavor the rice with the mixed spices, and leave it until it reaches half level.
- Filter the rice from the broth, add it to the chicken pot, cover the ingredients with tin foil, and let it simmer for at least six minutes.
How to make chicken zurbian