- Two cans of phyllo dough or Algelash.
- A cup and a quarter of melted butter.
- Two tablespoons of cream.
- Half a cup of crushed pistachios.
- Two cups sliced pistachios.
How to prepare
- Prepare the tray in which you want to bake the baklava, then preheat the oven to a temperature of 150 degrees Celsius.
- We grease the entire tray with butter using a wide brush, then arrange 6 sheets of dough, brush with butter, then arrange another 6 sheets and brush them with butter as well.
- Put the cream and distribute it very carefully on the base layer of the dough.
- Distribute the sliced and crushed pistachios, then place 6 more sheets of dough on top of them and brush them with butter, then repeat the process until we finish placing 40 sheets of dough.
- Grease the face with melted butter, and using a sharp knife, cut it in parallel lines in length and width to obtain square pieces.
- Put the tray in the preheated oven and leave it to mature for half an hour or until it becomes golden in color.
- Pour the syrup mixture on it while it is cool as soon as it comes out of the oven, then leave it until it is completely absorbed.
- Set the baklava aside to cool and then serve cold, at room temperature.
- We need 3 cups of sugar, 1 and a half cups of water, 190 to 250 grams of honey (optional step), 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water (optional).
- We put sugar, water and honey in a saucepan to boil over medium heat for 15 minutes, and when it boils, add lemon and leave to boil for two minutes after that, then add rose water and leave to cool until it is used.
Homemade filo dough
- We need 3 cups of flour, a cup of warm water, an egg, two tablespoons of oil, a teaspoon and a quarter of salt, a quarter of a teaspoon of liquid vanilla.
- We put two and a half cups of flour and the rest of the ingredients in the line bowl and the kneader is running on a low speed, then gradually add the rest of the flour and run the kneader for 5 minutes on a low speed, until a flexible dough is formed.
- We form the dough in the form of small balls, the ingredients may make 18 small balls, the balls are placed in a dish filled with starch and stirred well, left for half an hour to rest before rolling and starting to use.
- We roll out the dough using the rolling pin by placing a light layer of starch underneath on the work surface, and sprinkle a little starch on the face so that it does not stick to the rolling pin, and extend until the dough becomes thin.
How to make baklava
Writing 2019-12-15 02:08:57 – Last updated: 2022-05-12 13:03:01– on the date :