Cheesecake is one of the cold desserts that has its origin in American cuisine and is widely spread all over the world. Tea, or have it at home as a snack or after meals as a dessert.
The reason for calling the cheesecake by this name is that all its recipes contain cream cheese as an essential ingredient, and a piece of it contains a lot of calories; Therefore, you should pay attention and not take it too much, especially for people who are overweight.
Types of cheesecake
Cheesecake has many types and many recipes, and it can be prepared with different flavors. There are strawberry cheesecake, coffee cheesecake, and lemon cheesecake. The cheesecake is usually prepared in a special mold with a movable base, and cheesecake can be prepared in many recipes without the need for baking in the oven. Other recipes are also available that need to be baked in the oven.
Cheesecake usually consists of several layers, the first of which is a layer of biscuits mixed with butter as a base for the cake at the bottom, and the second is a layer of cream cheese mixed with different ingredients according to the type of recipe, and the last layer usually consists of a sauce with different flavors as desired, or whipped cream, or pieces of Fruits for decoration.
- One hundred and fifty grams of powdered sugar.
- Four hundred grams of cream cheese.
- Five hundred grams of whipped cream.
- Four hundred grams of crushed biscuits.
- 100 grams of melted butter.
- A sprinkle of vanilla.
- Two teaspoons of gelatin.
- A quarter of a cup of warm water.
How to prepare
- Place the crushed biscuits with the melted butter in an electric mixer, and mix well until the ingredients are combined and a soft dough is formed that can be rolled into a cheesecake mould.
- Spread the mixture of biscuits and butter at the bottom of the cheesecake mold, and put the mold into the oven for five minutes, then take it out and leave to cool, and it is possible to put it in the refrigerator for five minutes without the need for the oven.
- Mix the sugar, cream cheese and vanilla well in a side bowl, then add the whipped cream to the mixture, and mix well.
- Dissolve gelatin in warm water, then add to the previous mixture and stir well until homogeneous, then add the mixture over the biscuits that are stuck at the bottom of the mold.
- Place the cheesecake mold in the refrigerator for at least four hours, until firm.
How to make a quick cheesecake