Behaviors to get rid of air pollutants
Air pollutants can be removed by applying the following behaviors:
- Conserving energy by choosing energy-saving devices, as well as making sure to check devices and lamps, and make sure they are turned off when not in use.
- Use water-based or, if possible, solvent-free paints, and buy ones that contain VOCs.
- Make sure to do regular maintenance for the car, and follow the manufacturer’s routine instructions by checking tire pressure, wheel balance, and working on changing the oil and filters.
- Reducing the use of cars, and replacing them with public transportation, cycling, or walking, and it is preferable to reduce the number of trips, and combine them with each other.
- Take care to prevent the volatilization of chemicals in the air by closing the containers for the disposal of chemical waste such as solvents, household cleaners, and the like tightly.
Behaviors to get rid of water pollutants
The following will help get rid of water pollutants:
- Allocating a container to collect fatty kitchen waste and oils to be disposed of in solid waste instead of pouring it into the sink.
- Refrain from flushing medical waste, liquid medicines, and pills down the toilet.
- Make sure to dispose of waste that contains tissues, papers, cloth, etc. properly, while avoiding using the toilet for this task.
- Reduce the amount of detergents or bleaches used in washing dishes or clothes, and be sure to use phosphate-free detergents.
- Refrain from using sewage or sewage as a means to dispose of liquid chemicals, such as: car oil, or other materials such as fertilizers and pesticides.
Societal and individual behaviors to get rid of environmental pollution
The following points address some of the individual and societal behaviors that help get rid of environmental pollutants:
- Reducing the percentage of emissions that cause air pollution by reducing dependence on driving when moving, and replacing that with walking, or riding a bike, in addition to working on choosing an environmentally friendly car when you want to buy one, meaning that it is highly fuel-efficient.
- Contribute to reducing emissions from coal-fired power plants; This is done by rationalizing electricity consumption.
- Industry can contribute to the disposal of environmental pollutants through the use of NPI data; to improve manufacturing processes, work within environmental protection protocols, and prepare annual reports; To clarify the activities involved in this, and to indicate the extent of progress that has been made in reducing emissions and reducing waste.
- Supporting initiatives seeking to protect the environment by governments.
- ↑ “What Can I Do to Help Reduce Air Pollution?”, www.des.nh.gov, Retrieved 9-19-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Ten Things You Can Do To Reduce Water Pollution”, www.simsbury-ct.gov, Retrieved 9-19-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Reducing pollution”, www.npi.gov.au, Retrieved 9-19-2018. Edited.
How to get rid of environmental pollutants