Carrot and pumpkin soup
- Four large islands.
- Small spoon of salt.
- kilogram of pumpkin.
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Three tablespoons of olive oil.
- Four cloves of garlic, halved.
- Half a teaspoon of cumin.
- Two cups of broth.
How to prepare
- Peel the pumpkin and carrots and cut them into large pieces.
- Add olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan and put it on a medium heat, add the pumpkin and garlic and stir for a few minutes, then add the carrots and stir for a few minutes to gain a good flavor.
- Add pepper and cumin and continue to stir to saute the pumpkin and carrots well.
- Add broth or water, then cover the pot and leave it on medium heat for thirty minutes, until the pumpkin and carrots are completely cooked.
- Put the mixture in the jug of the glass blender and turn it on to get a smooth soup.
- Reheat the soup, then serve.
Pumpkin and shrimp soup
- Two onions cut into slices.
- Two carrots cut into thin slices.
- Two tablespoons of each:
- Two teaspoons of fresh grated ginger.
- Half a teaspoon of ground paprika.
- A liter of chicken broth.
- Three hundred and fifty grams of pumpkin, cubed and boiled.
- A quarter cup of water.
- Four tablespoons of powdered milk.
- Half a kilogram of shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Fresh and chopped chives leaves.
- Fresh coriander.
- Ghee or butter.
How to prepare
- Put the ghee or butter in a large saucepan and put it on a medium heat, then add the onions, carrots, coriander, ginger, garlic and sweet pepper, and stir the ingredients for twelve minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Mix the powdered milk with water in a bowl until it dissolves and set it aside.
- Put the milk mixture into the jug of the mixer, add ½ cup of chicken broth, and run the mixer until it becomes almost smooth.
- Mix the pumpkin with the milk and the rest of the broth in the same pot.
- Add the mixed vegetables and then the shrimp and heat the mixture.
- Pour the soup into small bowls.
- Scatter chives leaves on the face.
Pumpkin kibbeh with chard filling
sixty five minutes
- Two cups of bulgur.
- A cup and a quarter of roasted pumpkin.
- A quarter cup of rice flour.
- an onion.
- Two teaspoons of salt.
- A teaspoon of Aleppo red pepper.
- Half a teaspoon each of:
- Black pepper.
- dried coriander;
- Fifty grams of each of:
- Two hundred grams of red onion.
- Three hundred grams of boiled chard, squeezed and drained.
- Ten grams of sumac.
- Fifteen grams of lemon juice.
- Salt and black pepper – to taste.
- Half a cup of walnuts.
- olive oil.
- Boiled chickpeas.
How to prepare
- Put the bulgur in a deep bowl, add half a cup of water, and soak it for a few minutes.
- Mash the roasted pumpkin well until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the bulgur to the mashed pumpkin, add rice flour and onions, and season the mixture with salt, Aleppo pepper, cumin, black pepper and coriander.
- Put the mixture in a meat grinder to mix well, then set it aside for ten minutes.
- Add a few drops of water to the dough if it is dry, then knead it well.
Prepare the chard filling:
- Cut the onions into small cubes.
- Chop the walnuts into large pieces.
- Put a little olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan, then add the onion and saute it for eight minutes until it becomes transparent, add a pinch of salt, add the chard, boiled chickpeas, sumac and lemon juice, then season the mixture with salt and black pepper.
- Add the walnuts and leave the filling aside to cool.
The formation of the kibbeh:
- Cut the kibbeh dough into small balls and make a small hollow in the center of the balls.
- Fill the balls with two teaspoons of the filling.
- Close the balls well and put them in the hot oil until they become crispy and golden in color.
Pumpkin cooking method