The Burj Khalifa is one of the largest buildings in the world, it is the highest skyscraper in the world, according to international standards for building evaluation. This tower is located in the Emirate of Dubai of the United Arab Emirates and was named by this name after Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed, which was built during his reign, where it was opened in 2010, it is a tower that includes a group of housing units and there are special units for trade as it is Guest houses and various recreational and tourism activities.
About the Burj Khalifa
This tower is famous for being the largest skyscraper in Dubai and indeed in the whole world until this time, according to what was approved by the International Standards Committee for Building Buildings, where the height is about a large number of meters, in addition to being one of the important tourist areas to which a large group of Tourists.
It was previously known as the Burj Dubai, but on the day it opened on January 4, 2010, its final name was announced, Burj Khalifa, and this came after the name of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Maktoum, the ruler of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The name came because this huge project and a group of other construction projects almost stopped due to the financial crisis that Dubai suffered from during this period, but Sheikh Khalifa provided assistance to Dubai and provided it with a lot of money to complete these important projects and crossed it for that difficult period.
Hence this name came in relation to this great Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed, as the word Khalifa in the Islamic religion has a great and important meaning, it means the supreme guide in the Islamic world.
Where is the Burj Khalifa located?
This tower is located specifically on the 1st of Boulevard Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard in the Emirate of Dubai, where it is located in the middle of the emirate, which is located in the United Arab Emirates.
This region is located along the road of Sheikh Zayed Road, and this region is known for its highrise buildings among several other areas, and among the areas that are also famous for highrise buildings is the city of Dubai Marina, which is approximately 11 miles from the area where the Burj Khalifa is located.
This tower is about 3.4 km away from the sea, in addition to surrounding this region around the tower a group of artificial lakes and rivers, which leads to the appearance of scenes that appear natural and very picturesque.
What is the height of the Burj Khalifa
This tower is one of the largest skyscrapers in the world because it is about 828 meters, or about 2717 feet.
The height of this tower remained a secret for a long period of time in order to prevent one of the competitors from imitating it and exceeding one of this high altitude, except that the time came when the owner claimed about the height of the tower which is about 828 meters and there is a small needle at the top of the tower length of about 1.7 to reach the total height of this The tower is about 829.8 meters.
It is what made him hold the crown of the tallest tower in the world for about ten years, and it is likely that he will carry this crown for about three to five more years to come.
The 154th floor is considered a busy area, reaching about 584 meters above the ground. As for the desire to see all the monuments in this international city, it is through the 124th and 125th floors.
As for the 148th floor, it is the highest level, and it is by far the highest surface for observation worldwide. It is at an altitude of about 555 meters from the ground.
How many floors of Burj Khalifa?
The number of floors in Burj Khalifa is known about 163 floors, but in the case of a number of floors above this number, they are basic structures for building the tower and are not intended for housing or mechanical use as they are about 46, but technically the tower occupies about 209 floors, despite Of his ability to carry more than these floors.
Uses of Burj Khalifa floors
This tower includes several different areas so it is used for a variety of purposes, as it contains residential units, a group of hotels and offices, in addition to the presence of several restaurants and some different recreational activities.
For example, it is divided on this basis:
- The 39th floor and below is a group of hotels and lodgings belonging to Armani.
- From floor 39 to floor 108 is a group of residential units.
- As for the 108th floor to the 154th floor, there are office units, but three, 124, 125, and 148 floors are excluded from these floors, which are separate tourist towers used to monitor and clearly see all the sights.
- There is a restaurant on the 122nd floor called At.mosphere.
- From floor 154 to floor 163 are mechanical floors.
A series of celebrations of the coming of the new year are held by fireworks, various festivals and laser shows, this show attracts a large group of people to watch it and broadcast through various media and millions of viewers on TV and communication networks Various social.
The importance of building Burj Khalifa
From the first moment that Dubai wanted to build this tower and wanted to make it a different building and it is the tallest tower in the world, in order to:
- Dubai wanted to rely mainly on tourism and make it a tourist city in order to reduce the burden greatly from the oil trade and depend on other sources.
- She managed to gain the title of the tallest building in the world and restore this title to the Middle East again after the pyramid of Khufu was the tallest in the world in 4000 years.
- This tower made the city of Dubai the focus of attention of the whole world, and it also greatly improved the reputation and identity of the city significantly in the world.
- The ruler of Dubai once said in a Twitter account that this tower inspired the idea of its construction through the Empire State Building in New York City, where this building was in the past the tallest building in the world.
- This building was designed by engineer Adrian Smith by the architecture company located in the city of Chicago, and this company has built many highrise and international buildings such as the Jeddah Tower in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which is to be the second tallest building in the world, and the center Wuhan Greenland in China.
- This tower appears from the top of the shape of the letter (Y) and this form is derived from the local lily plant that lives in the desert, then the area gradually decreases as it rises to the top.
- Therefore, hotels and residential units always occupy the lower floors, which are less than 108, because they are in the form of Y, in order to give a more clear view. In the case of the upper floors, the shape is circular, and this view is more suitable for commercial offices because the focus is on work and not on Watch the landscape.